Author Topic: Fighter/Bomber ranks....??  (Read 326 times)

dotsie

Fighter/Bomber ranks....??
« on: December 20, 1999, 11:12:00 PM »
I just had a look at my pilot rank saw that i am in 34th. Out of interest i decided to have a look at my bomber ranking and saw that i was again in 34th place.Considering that i hardly ever fly buffs this was strange. When u go to look at ur score ur asked to choose fighter or bomber. I had thought that these were seperate ranks but it seems that ur rank is a result of ur fighter and bomber performance combined, (am i right htc?).

I think pyro said in a post on the scoring ubject that if u want to improve ur pilot rank its better to widen the type of mission u fly. Well i agree that an overall rank is a good idea and that it encourages people to try all the game has to offer but imho people who decide to stick with their respective disciplines, ie. fighers and bombers should be able to view a rank on that basis alone.

Dotsie.

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 1999, 07:54:00 AM »
In a way, you can. Just add up all the respective rankings in your category and average them.  

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 1999, 08:54:00 AM »
Dotsie;

After a few heavy fighter sorties I checked my score.  Turns out that I am "Number Uno" for "Damage per Sortie".

Considering that I really felt that I could not hit squat, I was truly amazed.

One thing that I have noticed, is that when you actually destroy something, you often destroy it twice.  I'm not sure if this is a a bug.  You get two lines displayed by the host describing the destruction the same target.  

Both eggs are pickled off a fighter at the same time.  My guess is, the 2nd bomb hits before the FE registers the 1st bomb has destroyed the target.  I assume most BUFF eggs come off one at a time or space further apart, so this double damage effect does not happen or is not noticed.

BTW, anyone ever destroy anything with rockets yet?  I still have bad luck hitting anything.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Mino

214CaveJ

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 1999, 09:11:00 AM »
dotsie I believe that when you pick fighter or bomber ranks it affects the listing you're shown when you choose to look at points or one of the other catagories on the right side of that chart.  Last I looked, a few days ago, I was #2 in points (clicked the points column header).  I had chosen to look at the bomber scores (and there's no way in hell I could be #2 in a fighter =)

dotsie

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 1999, 02:16:00 PM »
If u check the *overall* rank in both u will see that the order is the same. The points just contribute to this 214. Dolomite i added up my fighter ranks in the five catagories and got 243. Average of this is 48.6, does this mean that my fighter rank? If so who are the other 40 or so im front of me because i would like to know, would be quite hard to find out.

Basically what im saying is that we need three types of rank. Overall, Fighter and Bomber. How about it HTC can this be implemented at some time?

Dotsie.

Offline Ronni

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 1999, 03:21:00 PM »

Dotsie,

Your same question was asked in another forum last week.  Here's HiTech's reply:

--------------------
The only resone we have fighter ranks and bomber ranks is because the both wont fit on one page. If your interested in only your individual fighter catigory ranks you can just click on each column, or look at your indivudal score.
We will not be implementing a top pilot in both fighter and buff catigory's there will be only 1 top pilot, i.e. overall rank.

HiTech

-------------------

------------------
Veronica "Ronni" Newman
Sr. Programmer/Webmaster
HiTech Creations, Inc.

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 1999, 04:49:00 PM »
Not sure the average thingie works out, I added Dotsie's Bomber ranks to his 243, and came up with 2001, average = 200.1, yet his rank is 36?
I must be doing something wrong, uh school wasn't my strongest subject  

camel

[This message has been edited by Camel (edited 12-21-1999).]

dotsie

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 1999, 05:09:00 PM »
Thx for the reply Ronni. Althought i must say i dissapoints me. Since i and many others stick to fighters, an overall rank for that alone is all that would interest me.

Dotsie.

Offline Ronni

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 1999, 07:44:00 AM »

Camel,

There aren't really any averages involved.  What we do is calculate the pilot's rank in each of the ten categories, then add up the ranks and sort the pilots by that number.  The lowest number is the top overall pilot, etc.

Dotsie,

We knew when we started this project that we would not be able to please everyone.  Thank you for playing Aces High anyway.

Merry Christmas!

Ronni

------------------
Veronica "Ronni" Newman
Sr. Programmer/Webmaster
HiTech Creations, Inc.

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 1999, 09:26:00 AM »
Ronni;

I know this might sound like a WHINE, but it is really a serious suggestion.

Can't you and HTC come up of with a scoring system that puts my name closer to the top?  

Merry Christmas!

Mino