Author Topic: Mad Cow Dilemma  (Read 608 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Mad Cow Dilemma
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2003, 11:19:34 AM »
I actually met the guy that invented the "glue" they use to hold the various cheap beef trimmings and grind together to make an Arby's (and now a lot of other products as well) "roast of beef". This glued togehter abomination is then sliced for the "roast beef" sandwiches.

I was sitting next to him on a jet when they served a "roast beef" sandwich and I commented on the funny, almost irridescent green shine to the "Beef", wondering if it was spoiled. He laughed and explained that shine was his "glue" and told me the story.

The guy was exceedingly rich from his invention.

Oh, yeah....... he said he wouldn't eat that stuff.

True story.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Mad Cow Dilemma
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2003, 11:27:01 AM »
One cow talking to another and says, "You worried about this mad cow stuff?"

"Naw, why should I care? I'm a Squirrel."
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Mad Cow Dilemma
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2003, 12:08:07 PM »
Habu: lol. You are taking the tenderloin and leaving behind the gross parts like the liver and kidneys.

Organ meats are way more nutritous than muscle meat. You would die on a diet of just muscle meat for the lack of essential nutrients - which is why people in the old times valued organ meat highly.

miko

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Mad Cow Dilemma
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2003, 03:48:31 PM »
Thank jebus Miko showed up to save us all from an entertaining light-hearted discussion about a serious matter. You could have a great second career as a textbook author.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Mad Cow Dilemma
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2003, 03:57:59 PM »
Hey, I posted that funny picture! :)

miko

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Mad Cow Dilemma
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2003, 04:04:49 PM »
Not to mention he's completely full of ****.

I'd ask you to back that up Miko, but I'd rather read War and Peace in Arabic than whatever 12 paragraph analytical responce you'll make up as fact to convince yourself your right.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Mad Cow Dilemma
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2003, 04:17:35 PM »
Right, Creamo. Like you can read Arabic. :rolleyes:

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Mad Cow Dilemma
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2003, 04:32:05 PM »
Creamo: Not to mention he's completely full of ****.
 I'd ask you to back that up Miko, but I'd rather read War and Peace in Arabic than whatever 12 paragraph analytical responce you'll make up as fact to convince yourself your right.

So much exitement just because I claimed that organ meats are richer in nutrients than muscle tissue? :rolleyes:

And you claim that it is untrue and that I would invent the data - and fake hundreds of web pages and printed books - to justify it? Before you even cared to do a simple google search?

Have you ever read a historical book, an account of travel or hunt among traditional cultures? You would have seen dozens of examples of how people valued the organ meats more than muscle tissue.
 Have you seen the wild animals eating a fresh kill? How they always start with the abdominal cavity?

Do the search.

You will see plenty of sites like Know Your Nutrients

Meat has proteins, fats, iron, zink and selenium.

Organ meats have all that plus Thiamin (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Niacin, Folacin (folic acid), Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin), Vitamin B6, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Molybdenum, Cobalt, etc.

I'd offend you in return but I am not sure you are acting rationally. Take care.

Arabic is a beautifull language and it is probably a duty of any patriot to learn it - this country's inteligence efforts is negatively affected by low number of citizens fluent in that language.

miko

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Mad Cow Dilemma
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2003, 06:25:09 PM »
Originally posted by miko2d

Arabic is a beautifull language and it is probably a duty of any patriot to learn it - this country's inteligence efforts is negatively affected by low number of citizens fluent in that language.

miko

The only words we need to speak in Arabic is "halt or I'll shoot."

Anyway most of us learned Russian during the cold war and our brains are on overload.