Author Topic: Yet another Warbirds dweeb  (Read 926 times)

Offline -nrts-

• Zinc Member
Yet another Warbirds dweeb
« on: January 02, 2004, 01:15:18 PM »
Howdy.

Just another WB dweeb coming over to check out what Dale has been up to.  :)

I'm waiting for my password and cruising the forums. I see quite a few familiar names.  

Anyway, looking forward to playing with you folks. You will likely see me online looking a little lost and confused.  Be gentle. :aok

I've looked carefully through the squad listings and don't see a 335th Fighter Squadron listed. If there isn't one I will be interested in forming it.  If there is one already I would be interested in joining it.

See you soon.

nrts335th
Scott Burnside

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 01:34:38 PM »
Welcome to AH!

Online nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 01:49:49 PM »
nrts welcome to the monkey farm !!

Open your mind, give it month, play everything.

It's a blast from the past. The CT for historical low numbers matchups, the scenarios rock for the historical side, the main that is WB 1998 evolved..

It's alot of fun. There's more WB greybeards here than the current census of the game there.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

It really is a whole lot of fun.

Ya fuggin Pony dweeb
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 02:03:11 PM »
Welcoming to AH NRTS ...Lancaster huh..Same here..Happen to work at the base by any chance...?  Or even better were you ever in the 335th?...

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2004, 05:42:44 PM »
-nrts- - had a séance last night. Bobn says hi!  ;)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2004, 05:56:32 PM »
Welcome nrts.

nrts? Not Repairable This Station?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2004, 07:41:12 PM »
Welcome aboard.

Rafe35
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline Crapgame

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.we-know-whats-right.blogpsot.com
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2004, 10:04:36 PM »
NRTS!!! Glad to see you again...-cpgm- here...welcome aboard and I hope to see you in the friendly skies...

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2004, 11:06:30 PM »
nrts? Is that an acronym from the military?

MiniD

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2004, 11:35:04 PM »
Welcome Aboard

JustJim1
<< Dragon Hawks >>

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2004, 03:40:02 AM »
Thats what it means where I come from AKIron..

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2004, 10:57:52 AM »
Stop by the Training Arena first.

Biggest things that you'll notice are timing is different, and maintaining energy.

Ren, Soda, Fuze, all good mid-advanced ACM trainers that can really cut some of the time it takes to get up to speed.

Welcome to AH

Offline -nrts-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2004, 07:31:34 PM »
Wow.

WldThing, nopoop, rafe35, Crapgame!!!!, JustJim thanks.

Cobra412: Hiya neighbor! Cc working at Edwards. Was in the 416th for 2 years and just started in the 411th. Gunther lives here around here too. We oughta get together for a few beers. I served in the 335th FS '77-'81 as a wrench on Phantoms at Seymour and Ramstein.

AKIron, Mini D: You are correct. You guys USAF? Not many folks know that acronym. ;)

Ghosth: Thanks, I will stop by for training. I have been skiing since I was a kid but I still take a ski lesson every season. I'm afraid I will have to unlearn a few things and make some adjustments.

I've been working offline, trying to get my settings just right and getting a feel for my new ship. My first impressions are that the terrain is attractive and can be very natural looking. The cockpits and instrument panels are amazing, clear and readable. I thought I would miss the slip indicator and pitch ladder in the HUD from WB but the roll/slip gauge is perfectly usable. I like the head motions. I was delighted that I barely had to change any of my HOTAS programming (Dale's legacy is still strong in WB). The planes feel responsive and crisp in a way I had long forgotten. The Mustang is treacherous, as it should be. I was able to induce accelerated stalls that went full-term into an inverted flat spin that I could not recover. Awesome.

Anyway, thanks all and I hope to see you in the friendly skies.

-nrts-

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2004, 10:19:23 PM »
Originally posted by -nrts-
Wow.

WldThing, nopoop, rafe35, Crapgame!!!!, JustJim thanks.

Cobra412: Hiya neighbor! Cc working at Edwards. Was in the 416th for 2 years and just started in the 411th. Gunther lives here around here too. We oughta get together for a few beers. I served in the 335th FS '77-'81 as a wrench on Phantoms at Seymour and Ramstein.

AKIron, Mini D: You are correct. You guys USAF? Not many folks know that acronym. ;)

Ghosth: Thanks, I will stop by for training. I have been skiing since I was a kid but I still take a ski lesson every season. I'm afraid I will have to unlearn a few things and make some adjustments.

I've been working offline, trying to get my settings just right and getting a feel for my new ship. My first impressions are that the terrain is attractive and can be very natural looking. The cockpits and instrument panels are amazing, clear and readable. I thought I would miss the slip indicator and pitch ladder in the HUD from WB but the roll/slip gauge is perfectly usable. I like the head motions. I was delighted that I barely had to change any of my HOTAS programming (Dale's legacy is still strong in WB). The planes feel responsive and crisp in a way I had long forgotten. The Mustang is treacherous, as it should be. I was able to induce accelerated stalls that went full-term into an inverted flat spin that I could not recover. Awesome.

Anyway, thanks all and I hope to see you in the friendly skies.

-nrts-

Yep, retired USAF. Sent a lot stuff back to depot with a NRTS tag attached.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline wipass

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.secestimating.com
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2004, 03:24:28 AM »
nrts,

welcome to the dark side  

"The planes feel responsive and crisp in a way I had long forgotten"

My first impressions too, glad to have you here.

wipass