Author Topic: Locking up while in game  (Read 421 times)

Offline SmokinSS

• Copper Member
Locking up while in game
« on: January 07, 2004, 09:17:12 PM »
Hello ladies and gents. I am having a slight problem with AH. The game runs great and the graphics look good, but sometimes the game will run for an hour with no trouble and other it will lock up within 10 minutes of logging on.  

A little background. I had to replace the mother board in the machine 3 days ago. Finally got everything restored and up and running. I have ran a dxdiag but there are no errors. I did save the results. Who if anyone should I mail them to for a little help finding a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Robert

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
Locking up while in game
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 09:55:26 PM »
Make sure ALL your fans are running.

Offline FOGOLD

• Silver Member
Locking up while in game
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 06:35:54 AM »
Heat heat heat! Try taking the side off and blowing in a desk fan. If it is stable, get more fans. I spent months troubleshooting a problem like this and couldn't believe it was heat. It was! Now I have no problems at all. I drove everyone on the AH BBS insane with my  whinging, blaming drivers, DX, my AH settings file, Windows, RAM timings, my poor benighted Hotas Cougar (innocent, though not totally). :rolleyes:

Good luck. These problems are NO FUN;)

Offline SmokinSS

• Copper Member
Locking up while in game
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 01:20:13 PM »
Thank you for the replies. Will tear it apart now to check out the cooling fans.

Robert

O.K....I can only find 2 fans and they are both running. Am I missing one? Any other ideas?  

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 01:23:49 PM by SmokinSS »

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
Locking up while in game
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 09:33:17 PM »

O.K....I can only find 2 fans and they are both running. Am I missing one? [/B]

That may be part of your problem.  Dependig on their flow 2 may not be enough.  Try the tabletop fan with the side of the case off.

DJ229 - AIR MAFIA
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA
CH USB HOTAS/ONKYO 705 7.2 SURROUND SOUND/ 60" SONY A3000 SXRD  TV

Offline roknrobn

• Zinc Member
no throttle response
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 08:45:49 PM »
I'm flying the saitek X45: being a jeep (newbee) I need help. my throttle is recognized by windows and AH setups but in theaters is on/off only.No manifold play whatsoever. I' uninstalled and reinstalled til I'm ready to make a speed bump out of it. Please! If it's something stupidly easy or I've just missed something I need your help. I,m making a mess out of the desk trying to regulate man. press..LOL    Thanks for your support... kcSPLATT aka roknrobn:

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
Locking up while in game
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 08:59:35 PM »
Click the button that says set all inputs.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Locking up while in game
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2004, 07:13:28 AM »
In the Joystick setup, make sure to select the "Throttle" from the AH Control and then select the throttle from the middle pane, and then associate the axis from the right pane and press the "Set Input" and OK.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com