Author Topic: Log-In Problems?????  (Read 209 times)

Offline Hobbit

• Zinc Member
Log-In Problems?????
« on: January 04, 2004, 09:08:55 PM »
Has anyone else here had their computer freeze up while logging in?  I can log in just fine most of the time.  Some times though, the game will freeze just after I click on "OK"  at the log in page.  
Usually after clicking "OK" the clip board will show a connecting in 0.0 seconds and switch quickly to the area selection menu.  When it hangs on log-in, it will stay there indefinately (sp?).  The computer will totally freeze, alt-tab'ing won't help either.  The only remedy is to cycle the on/off at the power strip (aaaarrrrggghh)   I really love this game but hard shut downs can't go on forever.  Please, some one tell me the magic fix for this thing.  I NEED MY AH FIX!@!!!!!@!@

My system is as follows:
2.5gHz / 512 ram
GFrc4 w/128 ram

I do use an older version of zone alarm but haven't updated.  I can't think za is the issue or I'd never be able to play, like I said, it doesn't always hang.  Just some nights.  
Thnx in advance!!
Hobbit

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Log-In Problems?????
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 06:57:44 AM »
The freezing you are describing is Windows taking control during a network packet request.  Windows will eventually timeout, but it can take a while.
It basically means you are not able to contact the server.  ZoneAlarm can affect this.  When it happens, just shut down ZA and it will probably work fine.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com