Author Topic: WMD's found in Iraq  (Read 16885 times)

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2004, 06:32:48 PM »
Didnt I just answer that? Or didnt Kieran answer it in his post too for that matter?

Stop trolling.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2004, 06:35:28 PM »
Nah, im leaving this thread now...

Ive always was for the killing of Saddam, i djust couldnt take the way they sold the war to the public...
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2004, 06:48:56 PM »
how many more WMD's are buried in the desert?

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2004, 06:49:52 PM »
If WMD shells buried and leaking in sand for 10 years counts for 'having'......
After 10 years in sand, iraqis would been probably as scared as allies on the receiving end, to dig those up... let alone transporting and using :D

Anyway.. let's wait for the news of the usable WMD arsenals or more recent WMD projects.

To make right for the war (for what it was hyped to be for) with something buried for 10 years and seemingly rendered into condition as dangerous to user as to target, would only go as far as an excuse

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2004, 07:39:20 PM »
where those the same shells that could land in london in 45 minutes ?

They found TRACES of weapons on them - hence they were disposed off, in compliance with UN it would appear. So you're voiding your own argument.

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2004, 07:46:23 PM »
If they were buried in plastic,they were being saved.It will be interesting to see if and how many more are discovered.

Offline strk

• Nickel Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2004, 08:33:22 PM »
Blister agents are WWI stuff.  They are only a nuisance (albeit a painful one) unless inhaled, and even then they are treatable.  This isnt the same as anthrax, sarin, ricin or the mushroom cloud that Bush warned us about.

Your argument is not supported by your evidence Hortlund.  Dont you think that if the Bush admin thought they could make some traction out of this, they would yell it from every rooftop?

The fact is that the WMD inspection team has pulled out of Iraq.  Bush sold the war on the Imminent threat of Saddam with WMDs.  He lied.  Anyone with their brain engaged can see that.

strk

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2004, 08:39:33 PM »

Reports here states that there are 150 shells at the site.
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2004, 09:10:12 PM »
The presence of WMDs in Iraq as justification for the most recent war were simply a means to an end.  They didnt have to be there, it really didnt matter anyway...hussein was a sunuvabich whos time had come.  

I think the WMD threat had two values.

First value was the obvious one.  Hussein had them in the past, used them in the past and could very well be prepared to have them and use them again.  The evidence, however flawed, "seemed" to suggest this as a likely scenario.

Second value was the silencing effect it had on war critics (aka liberals, peace at ALL costs types...sometimes referred to as morons).  Although it didnt silence them it made them look like fools and it probably was a genuine effect.

All being said and done, using WMDs as a tool to justify war was a valid tactic and employed to great success.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2004, 09:16:51 PM »
Originally posted by Maniac
You cant win a war against terrorism. Its as simple as that... As long as there are people with mental problems, payback desire and a death wish theres always gonna be terrorism.

Okay, so if that's the case, I say let's give up.

Which way is Mecca?  Is it prayer time yet?  Where can I get a Koran?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2004, 09:18:30 PM »
Which way is Mecca? Is it prayer time yet? Where can I get a Koran?

So all muslims are terrorists... ah i get it... you better  start the draft and mount up for a long war.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2004, 09:22:42 PM »
So all muslims are terrorists... ah i get it... you better start the draft and mount up for a long war.

Did I say that?

No.

What did Osama say could end his wrath?  Our conversion to Islam.  I'm just taking your advice as to the futility of fighting.

Also, I thought you were backing out of this thread....
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2004, 09:41:53 PM »
I'm just taking your advice as to the futility of fighting.

The futility of fighting? fight the right battles... Kill the crazy ones thats all you can do...

Terrorism will always be here, as i said before : As long as there are people with mental problems, payback desire and a death wish theres always gonna be terrorism.

Which way is Mecca? Is it prayer time yet? Where can I get a Koran?

It doesent matter if the mad mans name is Osama or Mcveigh. Its still crazy ****ers who neads to be dealt with. Blaming it on religion is a very unvise move.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2004, 09:50:08 PM »
Terrorism will always be here, as i said before : As long as there are people with mental problems, payback desire and a death wish theres always gonna be terrorism.
====
You had better want more done than you suggest.  In an age of nuclear weapons portable in the trunks of cars, these people can do a horrific amount of damage to western civilization.  The attacks on 9/11 were pinsalamanders compared to what would happen if a nuclear device were detonated in Manhatten, London, Hamburg, Moscow, Singapore.....
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
WMD's found in Iraq
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2004, 09:52:12 PM »
Agreed.

You need to find and kill Osama, im baffled that this was not priority number one...