Author Topic: question about squads...  (Read 586 times)

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
question about squads...
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2004, 12:05:12 PM »
Originally posted by Central
-=FatDrunkBAstarDs=-

We drink every mission :aok

...errr, mission?

Oh, you mean like when there are two or more FDBs on the same team.

Or is that a formation? I forget.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
question about squads...
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2004, 02:25:44 PM »
I was in a LW squad for a few years at WB. With constant goodguys vs. badguys the 109 and 190 were the staples. I HATED the 109 but the 190 came out pretty early in the tour. You could only fly goodguy planes if you switched sides. But the goodguys always outnumbered the badguys so..

My ride of choice was the Hog but the FM there ( and still is ) so fugged up you had to be a glutton for punishment to fly it. It was an E bleeding pig.

It was refreshing to break out of the mold here and fly what I WANTED to, without it affecting the balance of the arena.

I could do blue planes and nothing else if it was required, tho I'd miss the Seafire and Spitty V.

There will always be Pony and 38 squads. They're good planes and many enjoy them.

There will also be squads from the darkside.. 190's and 109's. The G10 would prolly be fun..

S'all good.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
question about squads...
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2004, 06:04:40 PM »
USN VF-84 Wolf Gangs was enable since beginning 1945 I believe that right or not and Roger Hedrick who was XO in VF-17 Jolly Rogers, took over VF-84 as CO after their CO was KIA.  Wolf Gangs tour of duty ended around the summer of 1945 after Japanese kamikaze USS Bunker Hill CV-17 and put to retirement.  Some of the pilot of VF-17 Jolly Roger who were transfer to VF-84, they died in the ready room which it was really sad and Roger Hedrick was lucky to be alive.  After the fire was put out, people who died during kamikaze, were buried at sea the next day.
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"