Author Topic: Which is the best squad in the CT?  (Read 2281 times)

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
Which is the best squad in the CT?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2004, 10:07:53 PM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
VF-84 Wolf Gang;)
Hahahahha he got the good point :) :D  :aok
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2004, 01:46:05 AM »
Originally posted by Rafe35
Hahahahha he got the good point :) :D  :aok

he was just humoring you.  :)

check his sig.  :aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2004, 08:36:03 AM »
I'll bite on this one.

Like Eagler asked Jazz, how do you judge?

Based on pilot skill and team work.....880 FAA

Based on ability to dominate, a section or all of the map.... JG-3

Based on authentic operations........325th FG

People did a lot of complaining about JG-3 the past week, especially the fact that they would not switch sides, and they were flying spits. Well JG-3 gets that every single ETO. Mass O Spits. So I thought it was  humerous , that this setup gave them a chance to give people back some of thier own medicen. JG-3 is a big squad , they have kinda of become the outlaw biker squad in CT. They swarm in like barbarians of old, destroying everything in their path. It pisses a lot of people off, but it makes for a better CT. There used to be times when there was hardly any Axis pilots, except guys like Eagler, Hazed, and a few others. JG-3 allows there to be a large Axis prescence almost constantly.

The 325th FG, is an outstanding squad to be in or fly with. Like JG-3 they take grief about how they operate , except for opposite reasons. People think they don't engage enough ,and fight enough. If you ever flew with them, you'd be impressed , and enjoy the expriance. They want to fight, but they want to fight on their terms, so their paitent. If it pisses off their enemy so be it.

880 FAA, in my opinon is by far the best all around squad in CT. They fly , and fight as a team. They seem to be able to master any aircraft. Plus they are just an all around class act.

Just my two cents.:)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2004, 09:51:27 AM »
Originally posted by Löwe
They swarm in like barbarians of old, destroying everything in their path. It pisses a lot of people off, but it makes for a better CT.

I am moved to inquire:  how do you figure that?

- oldman

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2004, 10:15:45 AM »

People did a lot of complaining about JG-3 the past week, especially the fact that they would not switch sides, and they were flying spits.

More like made fun of for trying to make noises about how manly and brave it is to either fly as one big daisy chain of queers or run like hell in a 109 because Spitfires are gay .. except when JG3 flies them ... with the exception of Storch ... who only switches from running in a 109 to flying a Spit out of curiousity and to prove a point .... I guess. I bet without all the defensiveness exhibited when the laughter started there would have been little said about it ... it's not like it's anything new ... just more pronounced the past week. :D

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2004, 12:39:56 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
he was just humoring you.  :)

check his sig.  :aok
LOL! I can see Skull12 sig alright heheheheh!

BTW, Who Who's the best squadron in Combat Theater?  The answer is USN VF-17 Jolly Rogers, the best damned squad!  :aok
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2004, 01:50:53 PM »
880 FAA, in my opinon is by far the best all around squad in CT. They fly , and fight as a team. They seem to be able to master any aircraft. Plus they are just an all around class act.

I will have to agree with  you on this one Lowe.  They are one class act.

And thank you for your post on us...  Just remember your the one that started the 325th and we hope to make  you proud of what we are doing.

I think another Great squad is VF-27,  they have a lot of good sticks in their Roster... and it is a fun time to fly joint ops with them...

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2004, 08:06:35 PM »
Appreciate the kind words. I think there are many great squads in the CT that make it more fun for everybody. Some are allied, some axis, some are neither.

For myself I appreciate the ones that do some missions that involve bombers and other non fighter things, to give some atmosphere to the CT and bring it to life a few nights a week.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2004, 11:07:46 PM »
:rofl

There sure is a bunch of whining going on about JG3.  
Why don't you allied pilots just learn to fly your planes??

:D

Crumpp

Offline Mike_2851

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2004, 02:43:36 AM »
Who is the best squad in the CT?

Who really cares? If you are a part of a squad you would naturally have the pride in that you are a part of the best squad. Thats the way it should be. I don't get to spend most of my days in the game as some do, so I am not familiar with most of the players outside of the squads that I have been affiliated with.

I started out as a member of the 325th, as has been stated they play the game on their terms and in their way. I know most of the guys in this squad and respect them for what they do and who they are.

As far as the other squads mentioned in this thread I will take Lowe's and others word for it, and them as well.

I am a member of JG-3, and we do take some heat-so what-to me that says we must be doing something right. We don't always over power with shear numbers, there are nights that we get our collective butts handed to us-but not as many nights as we used to.

Yes, as you all know we do have members that like to express their opinions, there are also people that are very verbal with their opinions from other squads-that is called free will. You do have options-you can ignore, or just quit reading posts on the BBS, in the arena you can squelch whoever you wish.

Personally I respect most of the people in the game, in the virtual world that we play in-this is supposed to be fun for all of us, isn't that why we do this?

:D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2004, 08:15:51 AM »
*shakes head and laughs* :lol

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2004, 09:31:10 AM »
880 FAA took heat from its 1st week in the CT back in June 2002. Its par for the course for CT squads.

For the record, I think JG-3 is great for the CT we need an axis squad there.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Mike_2851

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2004, 03:49:25 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
*shakes head and laughs* :lol

My point exactly  :D

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2004, 06:59:02 PM »
It doesn't matter to me who the best is in the CT. If it was said that VF-17 was the then great but it means nothing; simply because VF-17 is a part of several very good squadrons in the CT. To me the CT is where you will find some of the best Dedicated specific aircraft drivers in this game. So honestly I feel that all the squadrons that are active in the CT are good enough to be equal with each other. Some are just more active (read less real life committments ;) ) than other squadrons.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2004, 06:49:10 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
I am moved to inquire:  how do you figure that?

- oldman

Well since ya asked Oldie, I'll tell you. I remember when it was a plain and simple fact nobody save for a few I've mentioned like Eagler, and Hazed were willing to fly Axis. For some reason people tend to gravitate towards the Allied side, maybe because they won the war. You think sides are un-ballanced now, I remember being in VF-27 with 30 plus guys flying Allied one night, and 4 guys flying Axis.

Having a large group of guys like JG-3. Who regularly fly Axis , and are good at it is a great thing. Not only are they good at it , they pretty much dare you to try and stop them. I don't  know about you , but to me it beats the hell of flying around with nobody to fight. Or having to fly Axis all the time myself. :)