Author Topic: transparent gv's  (Read 960 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
transparent gv's
« on: January 14, 2004, 10:06:23 PM »
or..transparent rounds, depends on view I suppose..is this gonna be addressed in AH2? seems to follow REAL busy battlefields..smoke, etc
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline whels

• Silver Member
Re: transparent gv's
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 10:01:18 AM »
Originally posted by bj229r
or..transparent rounds, depends on view I suppose..is this gonna be addressed in AH2? seems to follow REAL busy battlefields..smoke, etc

if your talking about when  u see rounds pass through GV?

id bet most time your firing short of the GV, but graphical
glitch/bug/error or what every shows your round pass through
and hit behind. ive had it happen and i always hit the GV after adjusting range, and always i had to fire longer.

may be something HT can adjust in mip maping code or something.

whels

Offline JB66

• Copper Member
      • http://members.fortunecity.com/ssbranni
transparent gv's
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 10:22:19 AM »
Something I've seen is you will see a round coming from an invisible gv...then all of a sudden it will appear.  I assumed  that it was a connection issue.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
transparent gv's
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 10:36:13 AM »
Can you explain further, I not sure what you are describing?

HiTech

Offline whels

• Silver Member
transparent gv's
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 10:48:29 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
Can you explain further, I not sure what you are describing?

HiTech

u spot an enemy GV, u shoot, watch for dirt splash, adjust range, fire again. as u range suddenly as your round hits the dirt
u see it pass throught the enemy GV and dirt splash behind, but its not hitting long, but hitting short. but visually u see it go through the enemy GV  without hitting. i always have to range for longer shot to hit when it does this.   ive had it happen everywhere, ever map,  open fields to towns.

whels

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
transparent gv's
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 11:05:35 AM »
Are we talking AHII only or AHI?
Also are we talking about fairly long shots?

HiTech

Offline whels

• Silver Member
transparent gv's
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 11:55:04 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
Are we talking AHII only or AHI?
Also are we talking about fairly long shots?

HiTech

he/we were talking AH 1, but if ported over to AH2 could produce
same result id think. all lengths of shots, but id say ur most likely to see the pass through on longer shots of 2k or more, since closer ull probably hit with shots without ranging.

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
transparent gv's
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 12:08:24 PM »
HT, the easiest way to see this is to use a plane to strafe a gv sitting on the edge of Tank Town. If you make a pass from outside TT toward TT you can't seem to figure out where the GV is precisely, but from TT toward outside of TT you can hit pretty easy.

It works the same for GVs. If you sit in a town and shoot outside of the town you can see your rounds hit in front or behind an enemy, but the reverse causes a problem and you can't determine if the round hits in front or behind your target.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
transparent gv's
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2004, 01:28:38 PM »
I belive it's just a sorting issue you are seeing, i assume the crator is in the correct spot. If so this shouldn't be an issue in AHII

HiTech

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
transparent gv's
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2004, 08:29:04 PM »
Sorry not to be more precise Ht, what I'm trying to convey is more like point BLANK shots (under 1k, anyhow)  (this is QUITE common around tt, but I've seen it elsewhere when there is smoke, many icons, etc)---had one last night (Mindanao)---was about 400 yards from a tiger--hit him first 2 shots...kilt his turret...next 4 shots (aiming REALLY isn't an issue at 400 yards, the tank fills up my whole site)--when thru the tank, no hit sprite...nada---(did see the usual dirt puff behind the tiger) naturally, another tank a thousand or so away kilt me during that exchange.  Around tt, rounds sometimes simply disappear otw to target--ESP when target is backed up against town...and said target doesnt usually have that limitation when he is firing back at YOU; (again, frames, etc. in tt are dreadful--closer to buildings, worse they are...more similar problems)

Whels, I have seen what ya are talkin about, which is obnoxious as well...but at least a different kind of obnoxious, and its far worse firing at a critter over water.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
transparent gv's
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2004, 11:10:14 PM »
I've seen this problem too. The round seems to hit behind the target but is really hitting short. It also happens in 8" ship guns.

While zoomed in watching a target, like a hanger, sometimes the shell appears to pass over the hanger and hit behind it (no chance of mistake, it's very obvious). Though the shell appeared to land long, only by increasing your range can you hit the hanger. The most obvious indicator this is happening is that you can see part of the shell explosion underneath the hanger... like there is a gap between the bottom of the hanger and the ground that you can see through. I don't think it happens in AH2 so it's probably mute.

grizzly