Author Topic: Beta10 is good!  (Read 1200 times)

Offline dracon

• Nickel Member
      • http://myweb.cableone.net/decon14/
Beta10 is good!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2004, 03:10:42 PM »
Totally agree! Floor-boarded and a little bit of rudder ain't right either.

I can't get the Spit up or down on the runway W/O auto-takeoff.  The Mustang is like a "Buckin' Bronc.  I can get it up off the runway but I crash on roll out.

So why does there never seem to be anyone in there??  I'm MST and on at Prime time?

Oh well knowing these guys it will get better and better.

Offline mos

• Copper Member
Beta10 is good!
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2004, 04:04:44 PM »
Originally posted by dracon
I can't get the Spit up or down on the runway W/O auto-takeoff.  The Mustang is like a "Buckin' Bronc.  I can get it up off the runway but I crash on roll out.

Try slowly incrementing the throttle.  Don't go above 50% until you're moving along at a fair clip.  You'd be surprised just how difficult it was to get some of those planes to take off.

Offline Kaz

• Silver Member
Beta10 is good!
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2004, 11:03:26 AM »
It's really easy once you get the hang of it, everyone who's been playing the betas from the get go(or came in later on) I'm sure can take off and land just as well as they do in AH1. Just takes a lil practice :aok

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Beta10 is good!
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2004, 11:31:01 AM »
Yup, takeoffs are harder but all it takes is a bit of practice. The P51, F4U, and several other WWII planes were very well known for being pilot killers on takeoff if you were careless with the throttle. I think the new ground handling is more accurate than not.

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
Beta10 is good!
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2004, 04:53:40 AM »
Oh God...Imagine how hard it will be to land the B-26....:(

Offline lucull

• Nickel Member
Beta10 is good!
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2004, 11:34:13 AM »
Yepp, the frame rate increase is nice, especially with the shift-Fx options.

I also like the ground collision model now. Much less instant deaths now. How about to switch to outside view like in IL-2?

Personnaly, I'm glad to see, that there is no new FM, that you would have to learn flying again. But I see changes and they are mostly in extrem situations like high speed, low speed and stall characteristics.
I had a few dogfights in Spit9 and Spit14. The torque is bigger and these spits have a much higher tendency for tail spin than in AH1. Also, when you do a split-s, you need more space to the ground than you are used from AH1.

Overall, I like the FM changes very much. The flight feeling is better than in AH1 and you need to be more careful with the plane. You could say you need more skills to handle the plane.

The Beta10 makes me hoping, that it will not take that long anymore and hopefully more people will be online.

Just an idea: would it be possible to show the player numbers of the AH2 arena also on the AH1 arena list? Maybe more people will realize that AH2 beta is online. ;)