Author Topic: Spit invasion?  (Read 192 times)

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Spit invasion?
« on: November 03, 2000, 07:50:00 AM »
Never got an answer last night but what was up with that cloud of Spits coming down to Rookland last night?

I chased you guys all the way down to our factories thinking you were buffs only to be surprised when I got there.

Just wondering if you guys had a mission and if any of you got home safe?

P.S. was fun..thought for sure I was dead when I dove into the cloud of red.

P.P.S Thank again for the save Train.

------------------
Mighty1
The New Baby Harp Seals
"Come try to club THIS Seal"
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Spit invasion?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2000, 08:08:00 AM »
Mighty, read "Squad night rules" thread.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Spit invasion?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2000, 08:27:00 AM »
Hey Mighty1 - I believe that was a impromptu practice for Afrika Corps.  I saw it mentioned in the Knight buffer last night.  Dont recall who was discussing it.  I think it my have been FunkedUp.  They were trying to simulate a low level Spit strike mission.

rfa

Spit invasion?
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2000, 08:34:00 AM »
No. 308 (Polish) Sqn RAF had a squad night from 2100 EST to 2230-2400.  That could have been us.     S/L Funked led the show and we captured A5.  I think most of us were in spits.

----------------
S/L rf-a
No. 308 (Polish) Sqn
Royal Air Force

[This message has been edited by rfa (edited 11-03-2000).]

[This message has been edited by rfa (edited 11-03-2000).]

Offline Rickenbacker

• Zinc Member
Spit invasion?
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2000, 09:33:00 AM »
Funked ran spit missions most of the night, I was lucky enough to catch one or two  . I'm glad Funked's taken up the torch, now that Zigrat (our previous Mission Master (tm)) has defected  .

------------------
        Rickenbacker (Ricken)

-ISAF-
the Independent Swedish Air Force

funked

Spit invasion?
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2000, 10:37:00 AM »
Mighty sorry about that, I squelch channel 1 on squad nights so I don't get distracted.  Yes we ran a little low level raid on your troop training base.  We were practicing Spitfire fighter-bomber ops for the Afrika Korps scenario.  We had about 3 planes take engine damage from flak, and you got one I think right as we were commencing our bomb run.  But I think all but one plane got a bomb on target.  There was some confusion on egress - our fuel was low due to a previous encounter with the enemy, and some guys figured they would not be able to make it home, so they decided to stay and fight instead of flying the mission as briefed.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Spit invasion?
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2000, 02:54:00 PM »
Say it ain't so Joe... I mean Zigrat.    (It was just for one night I hope.)

Funked set up a spit fighter sweep mission a couple times last night.  (I let my dweebishness get the best of me and joined one of them.  Even managed to gun down a p51.   )

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline kidcol

• Zinc Member
Spit invasion?
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2000, 04:15:00 PM »
Mighty got 2, I was second one. Everybody was calling 6 for yp, & I didn't bother checkin to see that mighty was bearing down on me too. Aaarghh, sometimes I'm too stupid to fly. hehe

& then came the goon fiasco at A5...

and they wonder why I drink

- kidcol -
-=NightStalkers=-

Great mission btw, Funked, VERY unusual. Lotsa fun (even if I did fly like I had my head up my butt) <S>