Author Topic: 368th Fighter Group/AA Wing is recruiting!  (Read 2086 times)

Offline yodad585

• Zinc Member
Re: 368th Fighter Group/AA Wing is recruiting!
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008, 09:42:54 PM »

Welcome

The 368th FG/AA Wing is currently recruiting pilot's who wish to add that next level of realism, teamwork, and comradeship to there online flight sim experience. Our main wing is the "~AArch AAngelz DivI87~ commanded by AApache. This wing is dedicated to the historical flying and realism of being apart of a squadron and oriented around the P-47 Thunderbolt.. If you think you would make a great addition to the squadron, by all means please continue to read:

Little History of the 368th FG   

Constituted as 368th Fighter Group on 24 May 1943.

Activated on 1 Jun 1943. Trained with P-47's.  Moved to England, arriving in Jan 1944.  Began
operations with Ninth AF on 14 Mar when the group flew a fighter sweep over the coast of
France.  Made strafing and bombing attacks on airfields, rail and highway bridges, trains,
vehicles, flak positions, and V-weapon sites to help prepare for the invasion of France. 
Supported the landings in Normandy early in Jun 1944 and began operations from the continent
later the same month. 

Aided in taking of Cherbourg, participated in the air operations that
prepared the way for the Allied breakthrough at St Lo on 25 Jul, and supported ground forces
during their drive across France.  Received the DUC for support operations in the vicinity of
Mons on 3 Sep 1944 when the group, dispatching seven missions against the enemy on that day,
not only destroyed large numbers of motor transports, horse-drawn vehicles, and troops, but
also attacked enemy positions that obstructed the progress of ground forces. 

Continued to support ground forces, participated in the assault against the Siegfried Line, and took part in the Battle of the Bulge (Dec 1944--Jan 1945) by attacking rail lines and trains, marshalling yards,
roads and vehicles, armored columns, and gun positions.  Operated with the Allied forces that
pushed across the Rhine and into Germany.  After V-E Day, served with the army of occupation,
being assigned to the United States Air Forces in Europe.  [/

.:Requirement's:.

• Mature Player, 17+( exceptions made )
  • Basic Flight knowledge( Formations, terms, etc ) ( Will train )
  • Own a microphone/headset a must
  • Able or willing to learn and pilot the P-47 exclusively
  • Team player, has integrity, willing to follow orders.
  • Abide by the standard AH rules as well as the squadron rules.
  • Able to have FUN! What's the point of playing a game if you don't enjoy it?

.:About the 368th FG:.

Founded by SgtTalen ( myself ) and activated August 25th, 2008 we are a new squadron primarily rook country and are dedicated to flying the P-47 thunderbolt realistically. From flying historical formations to flying as a cohesive unit the 368th FG does it all. If you would like to become apart of a highly organized P-47 squadron I know that the 368th  is  for you!

A couple more thing that we do ranges from Formation flying training, SA training, Aerial gunnery training ( for the novices ), wingman training, ground attack training, and much more! If you're still interested in joining you can contact myself on the forums as Mjtalon or in game as Sgttalen. The vox channel is 184 for open recruitment.

We look forward to see new members to our family.   :salute

ok i am under your 17+ mark but u said that exceptions are made i am willing to do what ever i like flying planes tho :salute ps i am not on membership but will be in a week

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2008, 05:46:56 AM »
yodad585-

Please refer to this link:  78FG/84FS recruiting page (MjTalen's new squad)

Cheers,
Ciaphas
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline dyna76

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2008, 08:33:02 AM »
Who is this SgtTalen fella anyway?....................... :lol..........just kidding bro...........to any individual that joins SgtTalens squad, you will be part of the best......I have flown many times with him and we have destroyed alot of stuff. he has always been there when I have asked for some help and I have been there for him. he is like a brother to the VF-31 Tomcatters and I wish you guys the best........... :salute

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2008, 11:37:13 AM »
Old thread, please don't bump anymore guys. @  :salute to dyna

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline GTaker

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2009, 12:34:25 PM »
Has it Really been a year since anybody has posted something on this forum??  :frown: