Author Topic: Aint she a peach  (Read 11014 times)

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Aint she a peach
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2004, 03:57:45 PM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
Sweat Jeasious you guys are making me feel sorry for the guy.  He must feel like that fax machine in Office Space.

LOL! That's classic! I'll have to keep that one in mind.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Aint she a peach
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2004, 04:03:05 PM »

I'm a Sniper! :rolleyes:
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Aint she a peach
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2004, 04:07:24 PM »
Originally posted by rpm371

I'm a Sniper! :rolleyes:

Oh my god, that's about the funniest thing on this BBS since Minus's "crapsoft eating the ghost out of my box" line.

That's one that I'll think of while driving one day and I'll laugh, and Denise will say "what's so funny?" And I'll say "I bent my Wookie" just to prevent myself from having to explain this whole thread.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Aint she a peach
« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2004, 04:22:08 PM »
Originally posted by mrblack
Look at the time stamp stupid

You mean the following timestamp indicating the day after this thread started?  "1/23/2004, 4:42 am"

And calling me stupid?  Well, you're just a big meanie pants!
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Aint she a peach
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2004, 04:31:00 PM »
I thought my cold room temperature IQ one was better, but hey that’s just me… apparently.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Aint she a peach
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2004, 04:32:27 PM »
Not any more, sir. :)

Aye, aye Cap'n! :D
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Aint she a peach
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2004, 04:43:58 PM »
Typical response but waite no one has put forth any proof
that I am not what I say I am.

mrblack, it's not our obligation to disprove any statement of your's that you have not supported with evidence.

The "burden of proof" is on you prove you original statement, which you haven't done.

"Fallacy: Burden of Proof

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Includes: Appeal to Ignorance ("Ad Ignorantiam")

Description of Burden of Proof
Burden of Proof is a fallacy in which the burden of proof is placed on the wrong side. Another version occurs when a lack of evidence for side A is taken to be evidence for side B in cases in which the burden of proof actually rests on side B. A common name for this is an Appeal to Ignorance. This sort of reasoning typically has the following form:

1. Claim X is presented by side A and the burden of proof actually rests on side B.
2. Side B claims that X is false because there is no proof for X.

In many situations, one side has the burden of proof resting on it. This side is obligated to provide evidence for its position. The claim of the other side, the one that does not bear the burden of proof, is assumed to be true unless proven otherwise. The difficulty in such cases is determining which side, if any, the burden of proof rests on. In many cases, settling this issue can be a matter of significant debate. In some cases the burden of proof is set by the situation. For example, in American law a person is assumed to be innocent until proven guilty (hence the burden of proof is on the prosecution). As another example, in debate the burden of proof is placed on the affirmative team. As a final example, in most cases the burden of proof rests on those who claim something exists (such as Bigfoot, psychic powers, universals, and sense data).

Examples of Burden of Proof

Bill: "I think that we should invest more money in expanding the interstate system."
Jill: "I think that would be a bad idea, considering the state of the treasury."
Bill: "How can anyone be against highway improvements?"

Bill: "I think that some people have psychic powers."
Jill: "What is your proof?"
Bill: "No one has been able to prove that people do not have psychic powers."

"You cannot prove that God does not exist, so He does."

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/burden-of-proof.html

At first this entire episode was funny, now it is just sad and pathetic.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Aint she a peach
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2004, 04:47:36 PM »
Thrawn,
 Nice, but I doubt he will even read it.

He is just going to come back and tell you to prove his is not a sniper.

LOL. He will just offer to show you his DD214 at the con, that I will put 5$ on right now, that he will not show up for.

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
Aint she a peach
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2004, 04:53:49 PM »
Having read this MrBlack stuff, I have come to the conclusion that he must be a very lonely young man somewhere near the age of 16 or so.

1. He spells like crap (not a deal breaker but not something you see from someone who claims to be a wealthy 46 year old )

2. Uses terms like "Dude" and "Owned" a lot (I am 42 and never use these terms so it seems incongruous)

3. Claims to be a Sniper, I trained with real snipers when on the USAF High Power Rifle Team and these guys just don't tale about it or brag at all, kind of like Navy Seals. They just don't talk about it period.

4. Plays games based on lies with people he doesn’t know and claims it is an experiment.

5. Asks us to prove he is not what he claims to be. Like asking someone to prove there is no WMD and then saying if you cant then there must be some.

6. Calls people names and degrades them behind the warm security of his keyboard.

Mr. Black if you are a 46 year old man who makes 100k and were a sniper and all I would think you would have better things to do then play games here. I also advise you to run your posts through a spell checker, you will gain at least a bit of credibility.

enough I'm done playing

Regards,
« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 05:06:11 PM by Scootter »

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Aint she a peach
« Reply #189 on: January 23, 2004, 04:56:41 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Thrawn,
 Nice, but I doubt he will even read it.

I doubt it myself.

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Aint she a peach
« Reply #190 on: January 23, 2004, 05:16:22 PM »
Originally posted by Kieran
If that really is a picture of you on the stairs, you are a liar. Well, even if that isn't you on the stairs, you are a liar. No way you have 12% body fat. Try 20% and I'd believe.

I'm just a milksop school teacher, weigh 180 lbs, stand 6 feet tall, and if I were to meet you in a dark alley I wouldn't give you a second look.

One thing I've learned in life is people who talk action rarely participate in action. Don't worry about a guy that's all mouth in your face; worry about the guy that's quiet.

Now why you want to go all Voss on us all of a sudden is a mystery to many of us I'm sure, but your Beetle impression (unwitting experiments) is pathetic. Yikes. You got owned in the recent thread, let it die. Airhead can come in here and eat your lunch any day of the week, he just doesn't like to pick on kids.

That pic was takin on my honeymoon in 2000.
i have lost some weight and taken up moutain biking since then.

to give you an idea I ude no weight in fresh water when scuba diving and only 4lbs in salt water.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Aint she a peach
« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2004, 05:33:54 PM »
That pic was takin on my honeymoon in 2000.
i have lost some weight and taken up moutain biking since then.

to give you an idea I ude no weight in fresh water when scuba diving and only 4lbs in salt water.

You owe me $5 SOB, I told you he would respond. You've been totally owned, Mr. Black, my unwitting victim of my mind control experiment!

Offline Wolfgang

• Zinc Member
Aint she a peach
« Reply #192 on: January 23, 2004, 05:34:59 PM »
try that with a wetsuit!  lol

oh.. and if you REALLY want to mountain bike.. look me up

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Aint she a peach
« Reply #193 on: January 23, 2004, 05:35:34 PM »
Originally posted by Wolfgang