Author Topic: Plane just crashed into tree in Kentucky- no survivors found  (Read 1138 times)

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
Plane just crashed into tree in Kentucky- no survivors found
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2004, 03:20:05 PM »
Got the plane out, no damage, few little dents on leading edge of wing.  Got out the 20 foot extension ladder and 10 foot painting pole.

I'm blaming this accident on too small of a flying area.  Was only flying over about 2 acres.  Thats tiny for an airplane to operate out of.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2004, 04:28:45 PM »
Hell if that was my neighbor I would have been out there with the Bennelli 12 gauge taking shots at it in preparation for the late winter dove season here. hehehehe. Then once you drove it into the tree I would have gotten it down for you with the .30-06 by using the limb as target practice. It would have fallen eventually my way but at least I would have had a chance to expend some ammo. :)
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2004, 04:33:01 PM »
I unwisely flew a Zagi in a windstorm in Malibu a few years ago.  Wind kept pulling it further and further away, even though I was trying to lose alt, so I decided to firewall my controls so it couldn't turn into a kite.  It accelerated into a descending loop and disapeared into a tree in front of a house.  Two seconds later (which was weird, it should have been much quicker) is appeared at the bottom of the tree, pulled up (the servos were stripped at this point, I determined) and blasted across their yard about three feet off the ground, probably doing about 30-40 mph (seemed faster at the time, so I'm slowing it down to account for the excitement of the moment) out of the yard, across the street, and slammed into the side of my (at the time) girlfriends car (denting it) and bounced into a construction dumpster next to the car.

I retrieved it.  The nose was a little dented, but other then some crumpled ultrakote at the nose and the stripped servo gears (easilly replaced), it was fine.  I've flown that Zagi many times since.

Zagi's are cool.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2004, 04:36:07 PM »
Throw something at it.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2004, 08:34:38 PM »
Friend made this for me

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2004, 09:59:58 PM »
Ha!  Beautiful!  All it needs is a picture of Dale Earnhardt in the collage, and it's perfect.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2004, 11:10:09 PM »
You spelled Nevar wrong.

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2004, 11:46:25 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Take a cat, stand under the tree, throw it as HARD as you can vertically into the air near a limb....then call the fire dept. :)
OMG ROFL so hard my wife would Kill me !