Author Topic: I Met 3 Heroes Today....  (Read 557 times)

Offline Crapgame

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.we-know-whats-right.blogpsot.com
I Met 3 Heroes Today....
« on: January 22, 2004, 10:37:27 PM »
What a great day. Part of this week I was assigned to augment Secret Service with dignitary protection as the Safari Club International was in town. While working the assignment on Tuesday evening I had a chance to briefly meet Lt. Col. Oliver North, to shake his hand and thank him for his service to our country. That was neat but today was the best.

This morning I was able to meet and shake hands with the 41st President of the United States, President George Herbert Walker Bush. I thanked him too for his lifetime of service to our country and got my picture taken next to him along with the rest of the detectives that worked the detail.

This afternoon, as thanks for a job well done, a photo shoot and greeting was arranged inside the Convention Center. When we arrived, I was introduced to Col. Alexander Lemberes, CO of the 5th Special Forces Group in Vietnam from 1969-1970. When I thanked him for his service he began to weep and thanked me profusely, telling me that he doesn't often hear it.

Shortly thereafter, I was introduced to General Norman "Stormin' Norman" Schwarzkopf, CinC US CENTCOM during the 1st Gulf War. I was able to thank him as well and get my picture taken with him. While I was at it, I apologized for not having his book handy but managed to have him autograph a business card for me. All in all, not a bad day considering I was going to spend it typing up affidavits for arrest warrants.....

:D :D

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
I Met 3 Heroes Today....
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 10:45:21 PM »
Crapgame that is simply awesome!

to you for giving these men their due respect and thanks.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
I Met 3 Heroes Today....
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 10:51:05 PM »
awesome.  post the pics asap!  :)
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
I Met 3 Heroes Today....
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 10:52:42 PM »
Why didnt you arrest all these Amreekan war criminals and turn them over to the World Court In Den Haag?

:rofl ;)

Awesome, simply awesome! I'm jelous.

Yes post the pics ASAP!

Offline SmokinSS

• Copper Member
I Met 3 Heroes Today....
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 10:54:21 PM »
Crapgame hats off to you for the expressing respect so duely earned by those men.  

and thank you.

Robert

Offline Crapgame

• Zinc Member
I Met 3 Heroes Today....
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2004, 11:26:06 PM »
Gee Grun....that thought ran through my mind but then I remembered that I only have jurisdiction in Nevada. Besides, I really don't need anymore paperwork...

Offline Chewbacca

• Zinc Member
      • http://chewbacca.freeservers.com
I Met 3 Heroes Today....
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2004, 11:36:58 PM »
WTG cpgm :)

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
I Met 3 Heroes Today....
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2004, 12:27:39 AM »
dam...you meet some very seasoned Americans.....salute  wish i could have..

Offline tapakeg

• Nickel Member
I Met 3 Heroes Today....
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2004, 04:09:52 AM »
Yeah, I saw "Stormin' Norman" today also. He was in our restaurant. He was at the table eating, and I didn't want to barge in. Was impressive to just see him.

Tapakeg
You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal

Offline Crapgame

• Zinc Member
I Met 3 Heroes Today....
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2004, 07:46:07 AM »
Tapakeg !!

Good to see more representation from Northern Nevada. I see that Vega has already corrupted you. Scwarzkopf is an impressive man. Tall and ramrod straight. When I met him, he was accompanied by Gerald McRaney, the actor who played Major Dad. He is a huge hunting fan as well. again and tell Vega I said hello....
:)