Author Topic: It's time to lighten up :)  (Read 320 times)

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
It's time to lighten up :)
« on: January 30, 2004, 07:36:56 AM »
Just when you have lost faith in human kindness ......  Someone who teaches at a Middle School in Safety Harbor, Florida forwarded the following letter.  It was sent to theprincipal's office after the school had sponsored a luncheon for the elderly. An elderly lady received a new radio at the lunch as a door prize and wrote to say thank you.  This story is a credit to all humankind. Forward to anyone you know who might need a lift today!
_____________________________ _____________________________ ______________

Dear Safety Harbor Middle School:

God bless you for the beautiful radio that I won at your recent senior citizens luncheon.  I am 84 years old and live at the Safety Harbor Assisted Home for the Aged.  All of my family has passed away. I am all alone now and it's nice to know that someone is thinking of me.  God bless you for your kindness to an old forgotten lady.

My roommate is 95 and always had her own radio. Before I received one she would never let me listen to hers, even when she was napping.

The other day her radio fell off the night stand and broke into a lot of pieces.  It was awful and she was in tears.  She asked if she could listen to mine, and I said **** you. Thank you so much for that opportunity.

God bless,
Mabel Swanson

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 07:45:31 AM »
lol
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 08:02:09 AM »
My wife and I got a good laugh outta that :)
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2004, 09:23:53 AM »
I get all gushy when I read stories about spiteful old people.

:aok
sand

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004, 09:28:48 AM »
lol.. that gave me a good 5 minute laugh. :lol

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2004, 10:21:19 AM »
LOL - old people... golden source of comedy

Safety Harbor eh?  A brother of mine lives there.  Suburb of Tampa and boardering Clearwater right?
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2004, 10:21:19 AM »
LOL WTG Mabel!
The Damned

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2004, 10:36:52 AM »
The Great Depression, WW2, Korea, 'Nam, Civil Rights protests, Iran Hostage Crisis, tearing down the Berlin Wall, two STS disasters, Desert Storm, Operation Shock and Awe, massive corporate scandals costing billions of dollars, and she's still fiesty over a radio!

Never give up, Mabel! Don't give'em an inch! Stick it to'em! :aok

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2004, 11:01:46 AM »
Five surgeons are discussing who makes the best patients to operate on.

The first surgeon says, "I like to see accountants on my operating table, because when you open them up, everything inside is numbered."

The second responds, "Yeah, but you should try electricians! Everything inside them is color coded."

The third surgeon says, "No, I really think librarians are the best; everything inside them is in alphabetical order."  [good thing it's not the Dewey decimal system!!!]

The fourth surgeon chimes in: "You know, I like construction workers...those guys always understand when you have a few parts left over at the end, and when the job takes longer than you said it would."

But the fifth surgeon shut them all up when he observed: "You're all wrong. Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts,no heart, and no spine, and the head and butt are interchangeable."
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2004, 11:05:02 AM »
So there's this fella with a parrot. And this parrot swears like a sailor, I mean he's a pistol. He can swear for five minutes straight without repeating himself. Trouble is, the guy who owns him is a quiet, conservative type, and this bird's foul mouth is driving him crazy.

One day, it gets to be too much, so the guy grabs the bird by the throat, shakes him really hard, and yells, "QUIT IT!" But this just makes the bird mad and he swears more than ever. Then the guy gets mad and says, "OK for you." and locks the bird in a kitchen cabinet.

This really aggravates the bird and he claws and scratches, and when the guy finally lets him out, the bird cuts loose with a stream of invective that would make a veteran sailor blush.

At that point, the guy is so mad that he throws the bird into the freezer.

For the first few seconds there is a terrible din. The bird kicks and claws and thrashes. Then it suddenly gets very quiet.

At first the guy just waits, but then he starts to think that the bird may be hurt. After a couple of minutes of silence, he's so worried that he opens up the freezer door.

The bird calmly climbs onto the man's out-stretched arm and says, "Awfully sorry about the trouble I gave you. I'll do my best to improve my vocabulary from now on."

The man is astounded. He can't understand the transformation that has come over the parrot.

Then the parrot says, "By the way, what did the chicken do?"
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2004, 12:05:39 PM »
lol! :D

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2004, 12:35:11 PM »
I heard that on Bob and Tom show or something lol.