Author Topic: question la7-tempest  (Read 3547 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
question la7-tempest
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2004, 12:02:25 PM »
I say, let's apply a 10 perk requirement to the P-51D, Dora, La-7, 109G-10 and Tiffie. Then reset everyone's perks every tour and let's see what happens... It'll be a whole new world....

Oh my.  You think they are timid now!  Just think how timid these people would be, whoever they are, if they had their perks reset at the onset of each tour, once they got in their late war ride.  Move the bases closer together, make it so  the very early war rides never go below 50% fuel, then we'd have some furball fun!
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
question la7-tempest
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2004, 12:22:31 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
lol  Ded.  That's the cool thing about spits. I go through a pile of them and send them to the tower.  Then, the moment I take one for granted, I run into Todd or Slap or someone who can actually handle one and  find my casual approach has me in heap big trouble.

Thats exactly what I did.  Another spit another kill. Hmmm, then I found myself in the tower.  If I knew it was him I would prob run, lol.  (for the people that did not get it, I am kidding)

Maybe the pilot name should be included in the icon ;)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
question la7-tempest
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2004, 12:25:29 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing

I say, let's apply a 10 perk requirement to the P-51D, Dora, La-7, 109G-10 and Tiffie. Then reset everyone's perks every tour and let's see what happens... It'll be a whole new world....

My regards,

Widewing

Can some one explain to me what am I missing about the Tiffie the Dora and even the G10?  What is it that makes them so special that we need to perk them?  Especialy the Tiffie?

Offline Ecliptik

• Nickel Member
question la7-tempest
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2004, 12:32:44 PM »
Oh my. You think they are timid now! Just think how timid these people would be, whoever they are, if they had their perks reset at the onset of each tour, once they got in their late war ride.

Why?  Perks reset at the end of the tour means you have nothing to lose by burning up some points once you grab them.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
question la7-tempest
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2004, 01:41:48 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Thats exactly what I did.  Another spit another kill. Hmmm, then I found myself in the tower.  If I knew it was him I would prob run, lol.  (for the people that did not get it, I am kidding)

Maybe the pilot name should be included in the icon ;)

NO NO NO ... please don't do that. I already spend half my time flying/floundering around trying to look like a noob so as to entice them to take a run at me. There is this timidness running rampant in the MA as of late ... ;)

Ded .. wish I had some more ammo when you returned to second time. All I had was about 200+ .303s and couldn't take you out fast enough before the next guy blasted me. Back at the tower all FHs were down and there was no way I could return for some more good fights with you. Thanks for the fights we had tho.

<>
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
question la7-tempest
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2004, 01:45:05 PM »
Originally posted by GODO
I dind say a word about perks, only that it is clearly false that La7 sucks above 10k.

(edit) in any case, if we want to talk about perks, then lets talk about overuse.

GODO/MANDOBLE ...

The inital post in this thread started the discussion concerning perking the La-7. How silly of me to assume that that must have been your underlying  intent.

Now you switch over to "overuse" ... what in hells bells does all that altitude jibbersh have to do with overuse then ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
question la7-tempest
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2004, 01:56:34 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
NO NO NO ... please don't do that. I already spend half my time flying/floundering around trying to look like a noob so as to entice them to take a run at me. There is this timidness running rampant in the MA as of late ... ;)

Ded .. wish I had some more ammo when you returned to second time. All I had was about 200+ .303s and couldn't take you out fast enough before the next guy blasted me. Back at the tower all FHs were down and there was no way I could return for some more good fights with you. Thanks for the fights we had tho.

<>

Who was the other guy?  I hought it was my full desperation full flaps, gear down, fingers crossed, eyes closed, pull on the stick till it breaks move that got you.  
:D

Seriusly though.  Was there someone else?  The last I saw before you hit the water you were in front of me d200 and I was firing.  Please don't tell me some else got you.  You will make me fly 100 feed high lookin for you for the rest of my AH life, lol

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
question la7-tempest
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2004, 02:22:49 PM »
Who was the other guy?  I hought it was my full desperation full flaps, gear down, fingers crossed, eyes closed, pull on the stick till it breaks move that got you.  
:D

Seriusly though.  Was there someone else?  The last I saw before you hit the water you were in front of me d200 and I was firing.  Please don't tell me some else got you.  You will make me fly 100 feed high lookin for you for the rest of my AH life, lol

DOH ... my bad ... fights getting mixed together.

You are correct ... but it was those damn .303s. My life for a few cannon rounds .. hehehe.

I just started using my new CH setup (button setup is all new) last night, and when you slammed the breaks on ... you got me all flustered cause I was trying to pump every last bloddy .303 (all 200+ of 'em) into the same spot on your tail. Ergo, I collided with you and went into the drink hearing pings all the way down.

And yes it was someone else that got me (I'm lying. I want you to come look me up again ... real soon ... ;) )
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
question la7-tempest
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2004, 02:32:28 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
DOH ... my bad ... fights getting mixed together.

You are correct ... but it was those damn .303s. My life for a few cannon rounds .. hehehe.

I just started using my new CH setup (button setup is all new) last night, and when you slammed the breaks on ... you got me all flustered cause I was trying to pump every last bloddy .303 (all 200+ of 'em) into the same spot on your tail. Ergo, I collided with you and went into the drink hearing pings all the way down.

And yes it was someone else that got me (I'm lying. I want you to come look me up again ... real soon ... ;) )

lol, my ego feels a lot better now.  I was wondering why I only lost the radiator after all those pings on my tail  (radiator damage whine in disguise, lol)

I'll be looking but I learned my lesson.  No more turning in the la7 when I see a low spit, lol

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
question la7-tempest
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2004, 02:41:56 PM »
lol, my ego feels a lot better now.  I was wondering why I only lost the radiator after all those pings on my tail  (radiator damage whine in disguise, lol)

I'll be looking but I learned my lesson.  No more turning in the la7 when I see a low spit, lol

Hint: If you see the Spit go vertical at the merge, after just being on the deck ... just keep on going, straight and fast ... if not, it might be safe to play in the water.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
question la7-tempest
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2004, 03:01:29 PM »
Can some one explain to me what am I missing about the Tiffie the Dora and even the G10?  What is it that makes them so special that we need to perk them?  Especialy the Tiffie?

Those are the next fastest planes.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
question la7-tempest
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2004, 03:19:34 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Those are the next fastest planes.

Thank you.  I thought that may be the answer.  Those are not easy planes to fly though  (thats why I fly spits and la7s).  We should not be perking based on speed only.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
question la7-tempest
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2004, 04:01:51 PM »
Everything is easy to fly when the goal is not to fight in it.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
question la7-tempest
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2004, 04:07:46 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Everything is easy to fly when the goal is not to fight in it.

Thats true, but perks are not going to help.  Just one more reason to run

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
question la7-tempest
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2004, 05:01:08 PM »
la7 haters rejoice the fuel is being made shorter i think

take alook at this

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107516
known as Arctic in the main