Author Topic: Setting up Rudder pedals ?  (Read 653 times)

Offline Kaziff

• Zinc Member
Setting up Rudder pedals ?
« on: January 27, 2004, 05:42:11 PM »
Hi :)

I have a rather in-depth question , cincerning the set up of rudder pedals and a joystick , combination .
I have a CH "fighter Pro J-stick and recently purchased a set of CH rudder pedals .
My question is ...
How do I combine functions of both sticjk and pedals ?
I try to use stick when the "pedal" is highlighted in the jstick set up and rhe J stick won't work . Only the rudder pedals work , BUT , they inly control the throttle and right rudder ! Lol :)
As you you can tell , I'm "controll" illiterate !
Sorry , I know that this is a big question , but any help would be appreciated :)
Thanks ! :)

Kaziff
AKZiff
(Squad= Arabian Knights)

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 07:34:41 PM »
Kaziff:
I have the CH Fighterstick, Pro Pedals and Pro Throttle...sweet package.  Anyway, what you need to do is use the Ch Control Manager software to combine the pedals and fighterstick into one device.  This is the only way I have found to get AH (and several other flight sims) to recognize them.  Start up Control Manager and then use the Map Wizard option to configure your set up as one controller.  The software will handle the rest.

After is is set up, save the map file and download it to your devices.  Once downloaded, you will want to make sure you are in mapped mode.

It is fairly easy to do, but if you have problems, just let me know.  I'd be happy to help.
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline Kaziff

• Zinc Member
Thanks
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 09:20:51 PM »
Hi Blamo :)

Thanks for the help :)
I really appreciate it !

Haziff :)
AKZiff
(Squad= Arabian Knights)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 09:13:51 AM »
You can get the Control Manager 3.0 program off the ChProducts website.

Blamo's explanation is the easiest way to set-up the hardware, though it is possible to do it in "direct mode" as well.

Is all your hardware USB? If not, you may have problems.

DmdMax
The Damned MkXX

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Setting up Rudder pedals ?
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 10:59:14 AM »
Originally posted by Kaziff

My question is ...
How do I combine functions of both sticjk and pedals ?
I try to use stick when the "pedal" is highlighted in the jstick set up and rhe J stick won't work . Only the rudder pedals work , BUT , they inly control the throttle and right rudder
Kaziff

Sounds like you might have the switch on the pedals them selves set for car instead of flight/plane

just a hunch!  good luck
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline empty

• Zinc Member
      • http://thelegion.iwarp.com
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 11:12:15 PM »
I use the CH-Pro "full meal deal" USB.

My setup is to NOT use the control manager for AH.  AH recognizes each device seperately and I map each function to its specific device.  One thing about this, make certain you have all the analog functions mapped prior to calibrating the sticks in AH or it will ignore those inputs while calibrating.

Doing the buttons this way is a pain, but I think the fewer things between my controls and the flight model the better.  The button functions have to be mapped the same way.

I also keep a copy of the map files so I don't have to do it again in the event I have to reinstall.

It probably sounds like a lot of hassel, but it works for me.