Author Topic: New Dawn of the Dead is coming  (Read 535 times)

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
New Dawn of the Dead is coming
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2004, 12:20:13 PM »
Originally posted by 10Bears
Is it a coincidence all the zombie movies come out when Republicans are in charge?

No.  All those unemployed Democrats need a job.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2004, 01:40:47 PM »
An interesting twist in the new DAWNDead  movie is that there is a little fetus zombie/baby zombie, and if I'm not mistaken, the alive guys are ok with partial birth abortion :lol

-also the liberal zombies are all milling around their old hangouts from when they were still alive ...  welfare agencies, check cashing stores, abortion clinics, gay bath houses, hollywood movie lots, discos, Massachusetts, etc...

Also - Lazs, if I'm gonna go with a  12 ga. shotgun, which is a pretty good choice, I'd get me a Streetsweeper and load it up with slugs, along with bandoleers.  I'd carry some kind of carbine on my back, and a couple high capacity semi-auto handguns in right and left holsters. I think 9mm would be fine for that. :D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 01:59:40 PM by Gunthr »
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2004, 01:51:38 PM »
I loved the 28 Days zombies, because they were like crackhead trackstar zombies, screaming like alarm sirens.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2004, 02:17:12 PM »
28 days... LOL... brits were all using machetes and clubs and such when even a drop of zombie blood would turn you into one...  I woulda popped the trunk on the first cop car to get the guns or gone to wherever it is brits in charge hide the guns from the citizens and.... loaded up.

Don't know what kinda slug it takes to deactivate a dawn of the dead zombie but if one of the .32 balls from 00 buck would do it then a streetsweeper would be great... need something in carbine too with 40 round mag...   sure would be fun huh?

lazs

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2004, 02:23:45 PM »
Not really a zombie movie/book but Stephen Kings "The Stand" is unbeatable :D
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2004, 02:30:04 PM »
sure would be fun huh?

I hate to say it, but yeah, I'd be having a field day :rofl
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2004, 02:40:41 PM »
I saw the original b/w version by Romero.  What really made that one so creepy was (a) the character conflicts of the survivors inside the house - parallelisms to life in a bomb shelter after a nuclear war; and (b) the zombies were slow enough that you could run away but eventually you'd tire and they'd just keep coming... and coming... and coming.

"More Brains!"

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2004, 03:00:51 PM »
the zombies were slow enough that you could run away but eventually you'd tire and they'd just keep coming... and coming... and coming.

I like em slow and dumb. The fast ones freak me out too much. :lol

I agree, the other factors are thought provoking too, like what it would be like to wake up on a day like that.

Would you have the will to do what you have to do while grieving your loved ones (who maybe tried to munch on you)?

Would you have the will to not go for the oxycontin and amphetamines in the pharmacies?

Would you pig out on all the fine food in the meat lockers, etc. as long as the electricity held out?

Or would you try to find an answer, or solution, like in Omega Man?

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2004, 05:15:45 PM »
A really good zombie genre book that just came out is "The Rising" try to grab a copy. Heard they are already negoitating a movie script. Kinda glad to see the zombie hype, it can alone mean one thing in the end. George Romero's 4th script "Twilight of the Dead"  will see light.

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2004, 05:22:41 PM »
A real classic for me is Return of the Living Dead. Naked punker chick zombie... send more cops... (send more paramedics)... if you loved me you'd let me eat your brains... split dog... really an 80s classic horror but campy funny flick with good acting for the genre.

Charon