Author Topic: Is this Possible under the current TE  (Read 386 times)

Offline F1Bomber

• Copper Member
      • http://www.bushtech.com.au
Is this Possible under the current TE
« on: January 31, 2004, 09:18:21 PM »
With the current gv spawn points, a base can spawn endless gvs at a field unless sombody goes over and kills the vh at the base.  To improve gameplay i was thinking why not have a forward spawn point for gv, that they have to protect from the enemy. If that forward spawn point is killed, no more gv can spawn from the field to the remote spawn point unless its repaired.

The purpose of this is to add another element into the game. Giving that gv's have to actualy think instead of spawning in endless and endless numbers at a spawn point. This means that if they loss there spawn point they have to wait until its repaired. This also give a visual clue to were the gv are spawning from instead of actualy spawning out of thin vitural air.

I am wondering is this currently possible in aces high terrian editor. I have spent some time making some terrians and fields in the editor but i just cannot seem to see if i can get it to work.

The remote spawn point cannot be captured, but the field that owns it can. If the field that owns the remote spawn point is captured, all remote spawn points change to the new owner.

I have attached some images to give a visual clue to what i am saying.

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 11:48:41 PM »
What you could do is set the entry to 'can colide' then the entry point itself could be destroied, but entries are very soft and could be taken out with 1 pass with 50 cals.

Offline F1Bomber

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 01:09:13 AM »
Just tried that out and any object that is a entry and have "can collide"  doesnt actualy register, meaning it cannot be hit or killed.

Though i tried making another vh, only problem is that if you kill the forward base the vh at the base dies and all other forward vh die too.

Still tryign to see if i can do it or not.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2004, 03:42:17 AM »
its not possible.

even if you destroy the spawn point ( in destroy objetcs menu) you can still spawn there
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline F1Bomber

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2004, 06:43:28 AM »
Here is the next idea that i was thinking if the first one failed.

you have 2 bases, both adjacent of each other. First place a road or a train tracks between the field. Before the field 1 mile out place the Rtaxi and the STaxi to the field. This looks very good from the air. Normaly if you place them corrently the gvs guys will follow the roads to the town or the fields. To add to the feel of the gv not spawning out of thin air like before in other maps. A 3 object vh will be placed with the VH and the Runway under it. This also gives the guys in the air somthing to look for on the ground instead of bringing up the map and then looking for the spawn points.

So people actualy use the roads instead of going straight ahead and taking the shortest route. Place the roads and also Rtaxi near ground that is the easiest to get to the vh or the actual town. This means that the roads blends into the terrian and just looks that 100% better.

For aces high 2. It seems if this approach is taken then, when your flying to another field that has your gv spawn point location there. You can visual see the roads leading to the actual field. This adds other possibilitys if people want to drive all the way 25 miles under the trees instead of using the actual instant spawn points.

The draw back of doing this is it's going to kill time, when i mean kill time like taking 2 weeks just to get the roads and the visuals done before adding in anything else. Added in with aces high 1 the 30K object limit and the road limits. I dont know if i could possibliy fit in all this detail that I really ReALLY want to do.

After playing many games like wwiionline and operation flashpoint I am tottaly mad on detail and the smallest things really count.

I would like if hitech could lend some light on the situation, it would really help me figure out if this is possible or not.

Offline F1Bomber

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2004, 07:55:16 AM »
Just uploaded a example of what it would look like.

http://www.bushtech.com.au/chads/Test.res

Download the file and place it into your ah terrian folder.

Click offline.

Click setup

Click load terrian

Click Test.

Also i found if you added in Forest that make the gv bounce up and down, the road is a good option to get full speed out of the tank.