Author Topic: now what  (Read 562 times)

CANNON

now what
« on: March 28, 2000, 01:27:00 AM »
 I was saying online that i was getting cable next week. Some one pop up and said if its timewarner the guns still wont work. of course it is TW. does anybody else know anything about this.

Offline indian

• Copper Member
now what
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2000, 09:01:00 AM »
I think everyone will have some type of problem cable is ok so dont worry till you get it. Then speed up the connection with the help of cablemodem.com.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  1st Aces High Trainer Corps.
Home of The Allied Fighter Wing A.F.W.
A.F.W. Homepage

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
now what
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2000, 12:04:00 PM »
Cannon,

I live probobly about 10 miles from you, in Cypress.  I have Time warner cable and have never had a connection so good to WB AW or AH.  Pings range from 40-70 ms and only 12 hops to the server.

I did have problems about a month ago.  I couldn't stay connected.  It looked like it was alter.net causing the problem, but I did about 1 hr solid of trace routes and discovered that my 1st hop was dropping packets.  I called time warner and sure enough they said they found a piece of hardware out and it was effecting my whole side of town. (for about 3 weeks)  I must be the only one who realy "uses" the internet on my side of town, because they said I was the only one who complained.  They fixed the problem that afternoon and connects have been stellar ever since.

I've had 2 or 3 dumps in the last 2 weeks and the only time I see warps if if THEY have a crappy connection.  No rubber bullets either.  You'll be happy  

udie

CANNON

now what
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2000, 12:53:00 PM »
 Thanks guys. I was about to cancel the thing and wait for the DSL lines to reach me.