Author Topic: The "Second Wind" comes to the CT on February 6th  (Read 3427 times)

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
The "Second Wind" comes to the CT on February 6th
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2004, 10:42:58 AM »
Nothing like a PTO once in a blue moon to bring out the doom and gloom prophets and the nay-sayers.

Glad everyone has given it a shot....since it hasn't even frieking run yet :rolleyes:
Duke

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2004, 10:53:10 AM »
What a bunch of sissys.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2004, 11:23:56 AM »
Axis has 262/163's and Allies have Temp/F4U4, not completely even but close enough for me. I'll probably fly both sides since both have interesting plane choices we dont see very often. I think we at least owe it to the CT staff to give it a try before declaring it a failure.

Maybe give the IJA the 109D9 reskinned as a Ki-xx instead of the La7 since the LW guys will be more familiar with it?

Personally, I like the fact that the CT induces me to fly planes I would not have otherwise flown if I was in the MA. I have gotten proficient (or at least acceptable) in many planes I would never have given the time (all 109's, 110's,  D9, Tiffie) to fly at all, much less get to like. Now I enjoy those planes, especially the Tiffie.

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2004, 12:20:59 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
A6M-2 is going to rule the skies.

eskimo
Nah, A6M-2 would down so easily :D
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2004, 02:40:54 PM »
By Eagler:

"this qualify for the required PTO scenerio?
Next week back to ETO right?"

Eurotrash

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2004, 02:53:57 PM »
all of you are morons.

except slash

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2004, 03:36:09 PM »
What would ever give you that idea? ;)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2004, 04:08:19 PM »
Originally posted by Löwe
Oh heck if I would have known it was your idea , I would have puked on it. Don't go getting defensive Arlo. How much grief have you given other peoples setups?  The primis isnt thin for Science Fiction:p

Not. Just tellin' you where it comes from bruthah. The premise actually started out as what appeared to me as a tongue in cheek suggestion about giving the Japanese Jets (since any and all setups with F4Us in them generally gets cried about because of the huge and awesome and overpowering difference in speed). Reschke picked up the ball and ran with it. I figured if it had a chance in hades without it being whined to death before the setup was even turned on in the arena that I'd at least try to make it sound remotely plausible and maybe see about finally promoting a CT setup outside of this forum. Of course, I forgot that even setups that are more realistic than this one get whined about from beginning to end in the CT forum. Which is a good reason to promote it elsewhere anyhow.

I'll be doing the same for Squire's setup (and every CTDev setup that comes out). Maybe players won't try to whine his to death until they at least give it a try first.

But there will be more setups, over time, that involve some AR "what if" in them. Everything in AH is a "what if" anyhoo. Even if AH had a planeset that included every single plane, vehicle and ship that hit the drawing boards from 1925-1945 it would be. It's the pure nature of playing a sim and not being reenactors. This time it just started out with some (or alot even) "what if" already in place. Wait until you see my Star Trek transporter A-bomb one get announced. Players will wear ash cloth and cut themselves. ;) :aok

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2004, 04:31:11 PM »
"Maybe players won't try to whine his to death until they at least give it a try first."

Hey Arlo, I want to feel the love too, you know? :)
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2004, 04:57:57 PM »
Squire,

"Banners By Arlo" is nothing if not accomodating.

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2004, 05:53:26 PM »
I'll try this one--Big blue Vs, Everything Japanese, just what the Arlonians were calling for!

Sakai
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2004, 05:56:02 PM »
Hehe, very nice. We will be calling on you in the future.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2004, 06:27:44 PM »
Originally posted by Squire
Hehe, very nice. We will be calling on you in the future.

Actually this was more of what I had in mind:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2004, 06:38:01 PM »
Originally posted by Sakai
I'll try this one--Big blue Vs, Everything Japanese, just what the Arlonians were calling for!

Sakai

The "Arlonians" suggested Lavochian subs for the Ki-84 and/or Ki-100 a loooong time ago as well. That didn't make it. This did. Don't conveniently forget that. :D

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2004, 06:53:35 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Of course, I forgot that even setups that are more realistic than this one get whined about from beginning to end in the CT forum. Which is a good reason to promote it elsewhere anyhow.

I don't recall any setup being whined out. Voicing your opinon is not whining.  Maybe accusing people of whining is a way to deal with the fact they may not like the same thing you do. If it's floats your frigate weigh anchor sailor!:D

Actually I can't whine about this, he Allies are going to have all the advantages , unless they cross paths with the jets. This ought to be fun, just think the idea of ther LA's to back up the Japanese is better than the jets. You even said that yourself.

Erg has posted an idea that maybe using less is more. By using less plane types per side , say one or two fighter types per side per setup. This sounds like a good idea too , it would make each setup, a little more unique. Anyway I'm rootin for this scenario ., we need something to make the PTO's more appealing if this is it....... That makes you da man MARLO!:aok