Author Topic: Losing control  (Read 275 times)

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Losing control
« on: February 04, 2004, 09:52:53 PM »
If for ANY reason one gets "don't move your controls so rapidly" other than running the stick arround, you need to fix it.

It needs to be sent by the front end and not the HOST. Frankly I'm getting fed up with it. I scale my stick, recal it, and as SOON as I get in an area with a lot of planes, I start getting this stupid message. You also need to make sure it prints on the film so I can demonstrate how stupid it was to get that  message at a given time.

I'm NOT flopping the stick all over and your CURE is worse than the disease. Its, quite frankly, a stupid algorithm if its handled by the host and not the front end. And if its handled by the front end, I  could reproduce any stick spiking offline, or online in empty areas. But it aint the stick causing the message. Its an overwhlemed server. You really have to change this. Or tell me why I cant reproduce this in an empty area or offline if the FE handles it.

And if you want I'll send the the film of the ridiculous times the controls left. Its not printed on the film AS IT SHOULD BE, but youll be able to pick them out. THREE times in one fight.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 09:59:23 PM by TweetyBird »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Losing control
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 10:02:57 PM »
this is generally lessened (or tweaked out completely) with the damper for roll and pitch inputs...  not scaling.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Losing control
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 10:12:45 PM »
Well I just tested it again, and it seems the front end does handle it, so it has to be the stick. I'll try the damper. Its an old stick so it may be going south. Sorry about the hissy fit, and thanks for the tip.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Losing control
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 10:56:54 PM »
Probably the pot of the stick, if its a more expensive stick its well worth it to replace it.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!