Author Topic: GV Bugs  (Read 356 times)

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
GV Bugs
« on: February 01, 2004, 06:13:53 PM »
Online test with Tiger:

Spawning from A3 to A149 placed me in a circule of trees with no way out. Plinked some trees while I was there and video started stuttering (flashing). Was able to return to tower.

Speaking of returning to tower, when doing so from remote spawn point, I always returned to lowest numbered field. Not field of origin.

There are still holes in the terrain through which the GV falls spinning over and over while the engine screams at a mad rpm. Was in the pintal gun position, traveling in 6th gear when this happened. I got to watch the terrain come up and over my pov several time as I flipped over and sank, over and over again. Cntrl+Alt+Delete was only way out.

On a side note, this particular bug might be something to be exploited for gameplay. Say you have to ford a river with your GV. If you don't select a good shallow place (lighter colored water), your vehicle would sink below the surface of the water prior to the crew's death (by drowning), which returns them to the tower.

Running game at 1024x768 res 32 bit. Video sliders at 75%
P4, 2.8ghz, 1k ram
Nvidia Ti4200 128meg video card
cable modem connection
« Last Edit: February 01, 2004, 06:32:46 PM by AKWeav »

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
GV Bugs
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 08:18:37 AM »
weav, i spawned and took road into vbase for capture.  i saw the tree line too and just assumed it was like a hedgerow, no way out, so i didn't try.