Author Topic: best site for vidio card review  (Read 219 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
best site for vidio card review
« on: February 25, 2004, 04:57:16 PM »
I'm just finishing "upgrading" computers in the rest of the house...i.e dumping 1 to 2 year old stuff to the rest of em so I can build a "new" box. I'm not really a cutting edge kind of guy, normally I'll use the last best thing and find that it works great. My current rig is an AMD 2200+ with 1 gig mem on a gigabyte 8xAGP board with a Ti4600 MSI card. Truthfully I dont have any real framerate issues ~55-70FPS with everything maxed out.

Just grabbed a barton core 2600+ on special from frys ($94 with MB) and threw it in with an 80 gig drive and 512 ddr stick I already had. Grabbed a PNY Fx5200 vidio card (no clue if its better than what I have). Threw it in my 10 year olds room for now (have wireless 108 mps network) and it seems to scream along just fine.

Anyway curious what the current rankings are and if I need to snag a better card in preperation for AH2...really dont want to move everything but keep thinking about snagging the other box if needed...or waiting till things go one more cycle then grabbing this years killer stuff in the fall when next years killer rig comes along.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 04:59:25 PM by humble »

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 05:12:06 PM »
Your old 4600 will smoke that FX5200.
http://www20.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index.html

DJ229 - AIR MAFIA
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA
CH USB HOTAS/ONKYO 705 7.2 SURROUND SOUND/ 60" SONY A3000 SXRD  TV

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 05:16:23 PM »
Yep, the 4600 is a much better/faster card than the 5200FX.

Not many places I put any faith in when it comes to video card reviews.  Many are very biased.  But, if you can glean through the bias over a few sites, then you might be able to figure out what is good and/or bad.

Just FYI humble, NVidia and ATI are both set to release new high end cards in a month or two, so prices of current products should drop after that.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com