Author Topic: Luzon Comments  (Read 277 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Luzon Comments
« on: September 29, 2000, 04:48:00 PM »
This is continued from other Luzon thread..

Thx guys I'm really moved -sob-

Looks great. It's up to 10bears if he wants to make it available for scenario play.
Pyro

Whoa! thats not a feather in my cap thats a full on headdress! The answer is YES!

One thing tho guys.
You don't need those htx files in the zip.
Everything is in the res.

Wab
Oh... that explains why I was having a hard time transfering updates from the editor to the FE.. Glad I didn't know because I did the whole thing over again.. and it came out better.

Also, on the water that goes up the mountains, I saw Wabbit islands I think and there was none of the blocky coastline. Version diffrence?

River through the mountains was an afterthought.. I should've  drawn a small black line where the river should go in Wab's Bit2map program you wouldn't see water climbing the sides

<wipes drool from chin>
man... can't wait to fly an F6F off a carrier in there!
<S!> 10Bears, GREAT work!

Thought of that.. then spaced it out. I was going to add 2 runways in middle of ocean.. use a hanger for conning tower. Ahhhh better to just wait for carriers

BUGS:
1) Subic Bay airfield doesn't work right. The hangar button puts you on the north end of the runway, facing north. This gives you about 5 feet to takeoff or turn around. Hitting the north button kills you.

The version in my AHeditor, all the fields work.. this happened last time when I tried to transfer to main FE.. don't know whats up w/ that

2) Show-off A/C at Angeles are killing my FR, as is the near-by city.

I think this is because the AC on the field are not in the objects list.. Computer has to do extra work to drum up these images..

BTW, that city fires on ANYONE!! Took off from Subic [after turning around] flew over it and was promptly shot down. Evidently it's a Rook or Knight city being defended by Bishops.

Let me explain Manila.. Its divided into three districts seperated by two bridges Bish in the middle All industral ie: oil barr, ammo rdr etc are located within either Manila or Naga Pili areas. The three VH bases have entry points into their respective districts. To win battle of Phillipines you have to send in ground troops to secure the Capitol.

3) Large black border around the clipboard map. Could this be trimmed down?
Ahh C'mon thats part of the art  

I'll hunt around more and post any further bugs I find.

About the bottle of beer, I put it there in beginning to mark the mouth of Manila bay as a reference point.. When the map was done and it was time to take it out... I thought... naw.. it belongs there now.
10Bears-- My job takes me off island Oct1-5

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
Luzon Comments
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2000, 05:31:00 PM »
Here's a total list of things that don't work right. At least on my end.

1) No airfield start points work correctly. They either dump you on the wrong end of the runway, or kill you. Found one that worked, by dumping me in a hangar [see#2].

2) Hangars are being used as Triple A emplacements! Found this bug on Momboroo [sp?]. I've got shots of this in action.

3) Some Triple A guns aren't firing at offline drones. On a fly-by of Momboroo only 2 guns were shooting. Oddly, these weren't textured as guns, but hangars [see above].

4) Bumpy runway on every airfield

Get the bugs fixed and we could really be blasting each other over Luzon!

Flakbait
Delta 6's Flight School
"My art is the wings of an aircraft through the skies, my music the deep hum of a prop as it slices the air, my thrill the thunder of guns tearing asunder an enemy plane."
Flakbait
19 September 2000