Author Topic: 1941 The movie!  (Read 607 times)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
1941 The movie!
« on: May 22, 2003, 02:25:55 PM »
Man what a great movie!

Never saw it tell now, I grabbed it for 5.95 from wallmart! Funny stuff.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
1941 The movie!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 02:43:16 PM »
Teh book was WAY better.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
1941 The movie!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2003, 02:57:10 PM »
I can still see the Japanese sailors standing on the deck of the submarine looking at the giant ferris wheel as it careens down the boardwalk.

"Hawry-wood"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
1941 The movie!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2003, 03:19:13 PM »
Originally posted by funkedup
Teh book was WAY better.

I say that about Catch-22 as well...

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
1941 The movie!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2003, 03:45:06 PM »
"Watch that knife boy."

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
1941 The movie!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2003, 04:20:16 PM »
the dudes at the blacked out airbase kicked ass. there were some really funny inside jokes at a certain low key airbase in pakistan during the al qaeda asskicking party in afghanistan and they were all from that scene in that movie.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
1941 The movie!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2003, 04:21:10 PM »
that and the "GET IN THE BACK OF THE TANK" scene was funny as hell to.

Offline udet

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.angelfire.com/nd/mihaipruna/dogfight.html
1941 The movie!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2003, 07:11:31 PM »
that was a funny movie. didn't think there was a book.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
1941 The movie!
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2003, 08:58:32 PM »
1941 tanked at the boxoffice and I never understood why. I ranks up there with Animal House as one of Belushi's best  supporting performances....plus it was fun to see Treat Williams get his arse kicked!
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline hawk220

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
1941 The movie!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2003, 11:56:07 PM »
THE GUNS, BOY! LET ME HEAR THE GUNS!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
1941 The movie!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2003, 02:16:11 AM »

Japanese soldier: [trying to squeeze a large radio into the sub] We've got to figure out how to make these things smaller!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain Loomis Birkhead: [to Donna] It's big. The biggest one here. You know what else? It's got a lot of range. You know what I mean by range, don't you? I mean it can stay up for a long time. A very long time. And it's built firm and solid. Because it has to be. Because of its tremendous forward thrust. And when this baby delivers its payload... devastating.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Joseph W. Stilwell: This isn't the state of California, it's a state of insanity.

Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My name's Wild Bill Kelso, and don't you forget it!
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: That's the kind of talk I like to hear, boy. That's it, lemme hear your guns.
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My guns?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Yes, I wanna hear what they sound like, let me hear 'em.

Hollis P. Wood: You sneaky little batards aren't getting doodly **** from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185.

Hollis P. Wood: [After seeing Captain von Kleinschmidt enter] Jesus Palomino, a Nazi. I knew it, you're all in cahoots. Well let me tell you something, Mr. Heinie Kraut, I fought your kind in the great war, and we kicked the living **** out of you!

[To Betty, before she leaves for the USO.]
Ward Douglas: I don't know what they've told you down at the USO, but you're going to be meeting a lot of strange men. Men in uniform. Boys a long way from home, lonely, desperate. They really have one thing on their minds. Show 'em a good time.

Sergeant Frank Tree: If there's one thing I can't stand seeing, it's Americans fighting Americans.

Colonel "Madman" Maddox: To Hollywood... and glory!

Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Kid, you gotta get that sub.
Wally Stephens: What sub?
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: The Jap sub.
Wally Stephens: Where?
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: The ocean, lame-o.

[Looking at the Japanese sub through binoculars]
Angelo Scioli: Hey, there's a Kraut on board too. We got the whole damn Axis here.

Private Foley: Now Sarge, what is the loading and firing procedure for the 75-millimeter cannon?
Sergeant Frank Tree: [delirious] There are five basic components...
Private Foley: This is it, pay attention.
Sergeant Frank Tree: ...to the new General Electric refrigerator: one, the freon compressor, two, the freon tube...

Sergeant Frank Tree: You know, this year wasn't *the* big year of the war, '41. I think the really big year is going to be 1942.
Major General Joseph W. Stillwell: It's gonna be a long war.

Colonel Akiro Mitamura: [To von Kleinschmidt] You can take your "Third Reich" and shove it up your ass!

[Reporting over the radio on a riot at the USO.]
Raoul Lipschitz: Ladies and gentlemen, every where I look... soldiers are fighting sailors, sailors are fighting marines. Directly in front of me, I see a flying blond floozy. Everywhere I look, everywhere, pure pandemoninium -- pandemonium.

Wally Stephens: I've learned a very important lesson today, I'll never shop east of Beverly Hills.

Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
[Kelso shoots the radio.]
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Hold your fire, pass it on.

Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Identify yourself!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Captain Wild Bill Kelso, United States Army Air Corps, where the Hell am I?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Barstow, where you coming from?
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: San Francisco, been chasing a Jap squadron for a day and a half. I lost 'em somewhere over Fresno.
Telephone Operator: I'm from Olene, Illionois.
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Tough ****.

Raoul Lipschitz: I'd like to thank all the GI's for making this such a memorable evening. Maybe next time we can get some Negroes in here and start a race riot.

Major General Joseph W. Stillwell: Bombs! I don't hear any bombs! Now they're up there. They came all the way from Asia. Don't you think they'd bring a few bombs along?

Murray Hamilton: "Turn off those lights, you little *******!"

Gen. Stillwell: That is the craziest son of a squeak I've ever seen.

Hollis P. Wood: How can a man take a bowel movment with a hundred buffalo rifles a pointen at em

The Theme in midi format The theme in MP3 format

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
1941 The movie!
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2003, 02:23:14 AM »
excellent movie....

anytime the jap sub comes on I crack myself up....

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline maslo

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
1941 The movie!
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2004, 05:11:51 PM »
lol guys i saw this movie today and IMAO

i didnt belive that this movie has been made in 1979.

old old is emerikan doctrine of propaganda :D

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
1941 The movie!
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2004, 06:07:16 PM »
Rented it for tonight!

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
1941 The movie!
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2004, 08:07:53 PM »
Belushi and P-40...nuff said!