Author Topic: And the fun begins.......  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
And the fun begins.......
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2004, 12:21:47 PM »
Originally posted by weaselsan
LOL....I get one response from a guy from North Korea the other response is from Shang-ri-la....go figure.

dont forget one from a jarhead.  Are you the infamous weasle that got banned a while back that I've heard so much about?

your getting away from the fact that you can be a hero and protest a war in this country. it is a democracy.

Your getting away from the fact if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.....

If you march with communists and rub shoulders with hanoi jane fonda types......

I dont like these people.  Someone who went to fight for their country should feel offended if they came back and wanted to protest and saw people waving the same flag of the poeple that are killing their fellow servicemen  REGUARDLESS OF WEATHER WE SHOULD BE THEIR OR NOT!

One should be offended if at a rally they were chearing on Ho Chi Min.

One should be offended if they saw somone spitting on a GI who managed to survive a tour or got the million dollor wound.  

Sure protest the war, by all means....but dont betray your country and your fellow service men while you're doing it.

If you're gonna do it....MEAN IT!  Dont do it cause it furthers your political carreer.

HELL even if he came out and said "I only did it cause I wanted to bang this hippy chick I was seeing at the time" I'd have alot more respect for the guy!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 12:23:54 PM by Gunslinger »

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2004, 12:26:01 PM »
John "F,ing" Kerry???

Did you know he served in Vietnam?

The guy makes AlGore look elastic.  Pesident Ted Kennedy Kerry?

No thanks......
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2004, 12:27:01 PM »
Originally posted by kappa
More now than say five years ago? I do not know the entire story. Is he a media claimed war hero or self proclaimed war hero? Or is it the fact that he does not deny it? Should he??

The media is claiming hes a war hero, heard this on National news last night and had a great laugh!

Gen. Giap: Kerry's Group Helped Hanoi Defeat U.S.

The North Vietnamese general in charge of the military campaign that finally drove the U.S. out of South Vietnam in 1975 credited a group led by Democratic presidential front-runner John Kerry with helping him achieve victory.

In his 1985 memoir about the war, Gen. Vo Nguyen Giap wrote that if it weren't for organizations like Kerry's Vietnam Veterans Against the War, Hanoi would have surrendered to the U.S. - according to Fox News Channel war historian Oliver North.

That's why, he predicted on Tuesday, the Vietnam War issue "is going to blow up in Kerry's face."

"People are going to remember Gen. Giap saying if it weren't for these guys [Kerry's group], we would have lost," North told radio host Sean Hannity.

"The Vietnam Veterans Against the War encouraged people to desert, encouraged people to mutiny - some used what they wrote to justify fragging officers," noted the former Marine lieutenant colonel, who earned two purple hearts in Vietnam. "John Kerry has blood of American soldiers on his hands," North said.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2004, 12:33:54 PM »
Kerry dose not need the pro vietnam vote. All 100 of you guys can go vote for bush.( who also stated vietnam was a bad idea)

Like i said, its the media trumping up kerry as a 'war hero'. while kerry has yet to make that statement. Or do little more then explain what he did during the war.

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2004, 12:35:05 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
dont forget one from a jarhead.  Are you the infamous weasle that got banned a while back that I've heard so much about?

Nope not me ,must be another weasel.....

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2004, 12:40:40 PM »
From anAtlantic Monthly article.  
Most famously, he said: "How do you ask a man to be the last man to die in Vietnam? How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?"

These were questions that fanned out across the republic like ripples in a tidal pool, stunning the folks on Main Street and chilling the senators to whom they were posed. And Main Street was stunned anew the next day, when roughly eight hundred vets many openly weeping others bellowing in rage flung their combat medals, grenadelike, over a six-foot-high fence at the foot of the Capital steps. For Kerry, who was already laying the groundwork for a political career, the decision whether to scatter his medals on the Capital steps was an agonizing one; in the end, he tossed his ribbons over the fence, along with some medals entrusted to him by two other vets who couldn't be there but kept his medals. Since 1984, when The Wall Street Journal first reported his ribbons-not-medals hedge, critics have painted Kerry's compromise as evidence of an opportunistic streak scheming, calculated, and wishy-washy during a time that was none of those things. Kerry has been bristling at the charge for eighteen years now. "I mean, I led that march, I stood up at the g**d*** thing, and I took my ribbons off my chest and I threw them over the fence," he said in 1996. "I was the last person there, the leader of the event."

There is NO question John Kerry is a patriot.
Does he love his country? YES.
Did he volunteer for the most dangerous duty in the Navy? YES.
Was he deep in the ****? YES.
Did he kill VC face to face? YES.
Did he risk his own life to save fellow American servicemen? YES.
Did he disagree with the War in Vietnam? YES.
Did he anguish over seeing his friends killed in a war we had no business being in? YES.
Did he do everything within his LEGAL RIGHTS to protest that war after discharge? YES.
Did the majority of the nation agree with his opinion of the War? YES.
Does John McCain (R) agree with Kerry on Vietman? YES.
Did he kill women and children as accussed by The Nixon Administration? NO.
Did he burn a flag? NO.
Did he pose with Jane Fonda? NO.
Did he spit on soldiers? NO.
Did he pull any strings to avoid going to Vietnam? NO.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2004, 12:41:59 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
You're pretty close...Portland is as close to North Vietnam as you're going to get, politically speaking, in the U.S.  Berkeley is a close 2nd...

No rip.... DPRK Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea
and a Green Town (Green Peace)

Nakhui

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2004, 12:42:22 PM »
Originally posted by weaselsan
Originally posted by Gunslinger

Nope not me ,must be another weasel.....

Your name is weasel and your picture looks like a weasel... you must be a weasel!

Quack!

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2004, 12:46:28 PM »
Ooo...the politics are so thick in here you could cut them with a knife, make blocks, build an igloo, then melt it down and mint coins.

Bottom line...no matter what Kerry did, he's most likely going to get the Democratic ticket. It'll be Bush vs. Kerry for Decision '04.

As of late, neither canidate or any Democratic runner has sparked my intrest. So, I still have no clue who I'll vote for. It'll be my first ever vote...better make it count.

Nakhui

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2004, 12:52:37 PM »
Originally posted by rpm371
From anAtlantic Monthly article.  
There is NO question John Kerry is a patriot.

Now let's compare and contrast patriots...

Is it a documented fact that the Texas ANG harbored the sons of the rich, famous, and powerful in order to avoid sending them to Vietnam? Yes.

Did Dubya join the Texas ANG and avoid combat in Vietnam? Yes.

Did Dubya get paid for being in the ANG? Yep

Did Dubya get grounded from flight duty? Yep

Did Dubya do anything brave and patriotic while serving his country? Nope.

Did Dubya risk his life while serving his country? Nope.

Did Dubya earn any medals worth a damn while serving his country? Nope.

Did Dubya save any one's life while serving in the ANG? Yep - his own by not going to Vietnam - he surely would have been fragged!

Did Dubya eventually enter into politics after leaving the ANG? Yes....

Does that make him evil? of course.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2004, 12:54:01 PM »
lmao  I just had a revelation.. I could never figured why I was called a greenie.... lmao  yea.. myhandsomehunk...  

A green town near you is nothing more than a mary jane reference... Not green peace.. lmao silly me

thanks for clearing that up indirectly weasel..
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 12:57:51 PM by kappa »
- TWBYDHAS

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2004, 12:55:59 PM »
This gets better and better, yes it does. You guys are keeping my education alive. I've never laughed so hard in my life.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2004, 12:56:20 PM »
There is A HUGE question if John Kerry was a patriot after the vietnam war.
Does he love his country? YES.
Did he volunteer for the most dangerous duty in the Navy?

seals had a more dangerous job.  More Navy fighter pilots were killed or shot down than boat capts.

Was he deep in the ****?

YES. for 3 whole months!

Did he disagree with the War in Vietnam?

-YES. and he marched proudly side by side with people that waved the communist flag!

Did he kill women and children as accussed by The Nixon Administration? YES.

While in command of Swift Boat 44, Kerry and crew operated without prudence in a Free Fire Zone, firing at targets of opportunity racking up a number of enemy kills and some civilians-- a woman, her baby, a 12 year-old boy, an elderly man and several South Vietnamese soldiers.
"It is one of those terrible things, and I'll never forget, ever, the sight of that child," Kerry later said about the dead baby. "But there was nothing that anybody could have done about it. It was the only instance of that happening.
"Kerry said he was appalled that the Navy's ''free fire zone'' policy in Vietnam put civilians at such high risk.

Did he burn a flag?

NO.  but marched proudly next to people who did

Did he pose with Jane Fonda?

NO. but went to events that she sponsered in Feb 1971

Did he spit on soldiers?

NO. but proudly befrended those that did

Did he pull any strings to avoid going to Vietnam?

NO. but pulled strings to get out of vietnam and the service all together

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2004, 12:58:28 PM »
"Did Dubya risk his life while serving his country? Nope."

I suppose planes never crash and our current guardsmen who are demeaned by your comments dont die for their country at all?

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2004, 01:00:05 PM »
We always had a fresh supply of Jane Fonda Photos to line the urinals in the head with. I'll have to print up some of these and drop them off in Mayport, It's not far from Daytona.

"Hanoi John"....Nice ring to it-