Author Topic: second hand lions  (Read 350 times)

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
second hand lions
« on: February 11, 2004, 01:27:57 PM »
anybody else see this yet.
great movie, lots of fun to watch, I enjoyed the hell out of it.

as usual duval did a great job.

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
second hand lions
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 01:50:44 PM »
I saw it it was excellent  I love those to old cats and theyu way they choose to go out!
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
second hand lions
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 02:04:52 PM »
Yep, enjoyed it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
second hand lions
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 11:46:07 PM »
Just got the DvD today.  This movie suprised me just a bit.

MiniD

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
second hand lions
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 12:17:43 AM »
What is it about?

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
second hand lions
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 12:58:00 AM »
a kid who's mother sleeps around and hooks up with losers.  she drops him off to spend the summer with her 2 old rich bachlor uncles. she's a complete sleaze and tells him to get them to like him so they'll leave him the cash, and also he's to play "treasure hunt" and try and find the location of the stash.

they get to like him, tell him stories of the old days, and teach him to be a man.

I know that sounds really sappy, but I can't really do a discription that does it justice.

just trust me it's a great movie.  I rarely laugh out loud at a movie and I was laughing most of the way through this one. I can't think of a better movie I've seen in the last 6 month or so.

btw- for those who seen it already.  I really got a good laugh at the dinner scene.  my father was in his late 40's when I was born and he was a bit rough around the edges. so by the time I was the kids age, my dad was a lot like the 'hub' character in the movie (but dad didn't have as much to say).  some days going out with dad when I was that kids age was a bit like that dinner scene.  it just brought back some memorys I'd forgot, along with some good laughs.

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
second hand lions
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 02:50:10 AM »
Ahhhh ok I saw the previews at the theater for it and figured it would be a hoot....will have to go pick that one up! Thanks.:D

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
second hand lions
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2004, 02:55:30 AM »
Just saw it a couple of hours ago.  I enjoyed it.  Nothing really innovative but I loved Duvall's And Cain's characters.  I found it funny that both Texans were played by a Brit and Canadian.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
second hand lions
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2004, 03:11:10 AM »
This movie was great fun, very good - will pick up dvd soon.