Author Topic: FFA  (Read 318 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
FFA
« on: November 09, 2000, 12:28:00 PM »
 (Excuse me for posting here, but most new guys don't even know this forum is here, much less the H2H forum).

Rules of engagement are vague at best. And FFA is the most common game played in H2H. So I thought I would post my personal ROE.

The word vulch is used a lot in FFA,s. The last time I was accused of it, we were at 11 thousand feet, and the guy who said it, was one of two players who were trying to double team me  

Anyway my rules are simple. 1. If a plane turns off of the takeoff flight path,regardless of alt, he is "in play". The only time this does not apply, is when one plane is taking off right behind another. 2. If a plane is CLEARLY 3k above the base, he is "in play" weather he turns or not.

So if I kill you, and you feel I have not followed my own rules, feel free to comment. Otherwise, don't even bother.

One other thing. If someone shoots me on the runway, all bets are off. I will vulch him until my trigger finger gets sore. or he leaves, which ever comes first

[This message has been edited by easymo (edited 11-09-2000).]

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
FFA
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2000, 01:11:00 PM »
My thoughts pretty similiar, I envision a 5000ft bubble round field...dont care if con goes up or out once he's extended a bit he's in play. so your 3000ft alt is bout right on...but ill go after a guy screaming along on deck also...he's just gonna show up at 10k coming back otherwise

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
FFA
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2000, 01:18:00 PM »
 So if you are takeing off on one runway. And another guy takes off over there. And he turns to come at you. You wont do anything . Just kidding.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
FFA
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2000, 01:36:00 PM »
The few times I have done FFA, I simply let the other guy shoot first. After that, any time he points a nose at me I consider him hostile, regardless of his alt or location (runway excluded). People will not warn you they are coming, but I don't care personally. Anyone that needs the cheap shot for the kill is no concern anyway, so let 'em have it.  

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
FFA
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2000, 01:45:00 PM »
Kieren. Your saying that your going to let me have the first shot? This is getting better by the minute  

By the way. I dont shoot til I get to about 200 yards. So no wiggling

[This message has been edited by easymo (edited 11-09-2000).]

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
FFA
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2000, 02:19:00 PM »
Yup, that's what I'm saying. Numerous people can back that up.  

It's only a death, I can click "fly" right away.

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
FFA
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2000, 03:31:00 PM »
Typically, my rules for FFA are simple:

1) Don't vulch; aircraft landing or taking off are NOT targets. If possible, call before you engage.

2) Ackstars will be booted, as will dweebs parking at the end of any runway in a mobile AA platform.

3) If someone calls you with "don't shoot"...."hold fire" or anything similar, you better not open up. Firing on a person like that will get you kicked out.

4) If I, or someone else, is trying to help someone you do not interfere. Requesting permission to engage is fine, but if you're denied do not fire.

That last one is nearly exclusive to my games, and it sounds like the TA. I turn down the fuel burn rate, and double ammo loads, for the reason of helping someone out. If you want to FFA at A25, have at it, just don't come to A30 when I'm helping someone. An experience this morning in the TA re-inforces this.

A character decided he'd fire on anyone, including myself and Mayhem attempting to figure out a problem. He could barely keep the aircraft up, let alone shoot straight. He fired on me once while I was landing, and killed me after I pulled a mock gun pass. After that, it turned into a vulch-fest. He'd come up in a tank or Ostwind, I'd blast him. If he took an aircraft up Mayhem would hose him down. Why? He refused to call before he engaged, vulched, and refused to read the rules in the TA. We found out why not long before I logged; Korean new guy who didn't speak english well.

To quote both him and Mayhem:

xxxxxxx: what is boob kye
Mayhem: Boob key, I wish I had a boob key!
Delta6: ROFLMAO!

------------------
Flakbait
Delta 6's Flight School
"My art is the wings of an aircraft through the skies, my music the deep hum of a prop as it slices the air, my thrill the thunder of guns tearing asunder an enemy plane."
Flakbait
19 September 2000

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
FFA
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2000, 03:31:00 PM »
 Kieren, thats the way I do it too. I figured i couldnt be accused of vulching if I let the other guy shoot first...but I was wrong  

PS: if you shoot first and verbally assult me for "vulching"  I may just vulch your butt for the fun of hearing you whine.

tssfka

FFA
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2000, 03:49:00 PM »

Originally posted by rosco-:
Kieren, thats the way I do it too. I figured i couldnt be accused of vulching if I let the other guy shoot first...but I was wrong  

PS: if you shoot first and verbally assult me for "vulching"  I may just vulch your butt for the fun of hearing you whine.

Had the same experience in the H2H the other day.  Some guy did a gun pass on me then called rtb immediately as I was engaging him.  Shot him down pretty well straight away and then he starts whining about vulching and breaking "unspoken rules".  Sorry but if you attack me, you only get to disengage if you can out fly me or are spiraling down with a wing missing.

Having said that, I didn't attack him as he upped again.  Once he was down that's the debt paid.

tssfka (aka Sharkey in the H2H)