Author Topic: Payments  (Read 4052 times)

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
Payments
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2004, 05:14:53 PM »
Your right Steve, Im a horrible person with a bad life, I'm glad you have things pinned down in your lame little world man.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Payments
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2004, 05:19:47 PM »
Well the horrible person part has been discussed by other people.  I don't really know you.  I can vaguely remember you whining when I wouldn't turn fight you and fester in your coalt 38's.(I was in a pony). This  was right after I killed both of you in a furball(to which you whined about cherry picking).
So no, I cannot attest to the "horrible person" part.
I do agree with the "bad life" part.  If you're in a place in life where you cannot afford this game yet feel the need to beg people to pay for you, I suspect you've got bigger issues than AH.

Edit: I'm surprised Rod, good natured as he is, is still going to help you after your behavior in this thread.  As far as I can tell from this thread you are anything but a gracious person.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 05:30:05 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Payments
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2004, 05:40:03 PM »
I think most of the cynicism is a defense mechanism needed in a world that seems to have less morality than 20 years ago. Years ago one gave no thought to stopping to help a stranded motorist. Now the first thing that pops into my head is, this is probably a setup with others waiting in the woods to kill me and steal my car. Twenty years ago that would've been a little paranoid. NowI think its common sense.

One can't help but admire those who still take chances to help others. But you have to admit, with all the scams , and the general lack of morality on the internet, its dangerous. More power to you Rod. Its incredible how vicious people can be when semi-anonomous (the intrinsic evil nature of man seems to be fact). Its kind of refreshing to see the other side.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 05:46:20 PM by TweetyBird »

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
Payments
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2004, 06:36:19 PM »
lol.. Defending myself from your/wldthings lame jokes??? Now im ungracious??  I really doubt your p51 outturned my 38 in a dogfight too, ask your buddy Wldthing how that goes. ;)

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
Payments
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2004, 06:38:13 PM »
Wish HTC would lock this post, didn't want it to turn into something like this.  Doing more harm than good.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Payments
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2004, 06:44:15 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
I thought this thread was a spoof at first.  If you're down to the point where you can't afford  the $14.95/month to play this, I'm 100% certain you've got bigger problems in your life than this game.  I'm a little embarrassed for anyone who would come on a bbs and beg for money to play a game.

Gotta kinda back Steve up on this one. If 14.95/Month is an insurmountable expense, perhaps your "Free-time" would be better spent working a second job, or perhaps a first one? rather than playing a game. What happens when AH2 takes AH1's place and the beefy system requirements mean you will require a system upgrade of some sort to continue playing? Are you going to ask Rod to pay for that too? Just doesn't make alot of sense to me. This game is a rather expensive hobby when you consider the computer requirements plus the extra peripherals (flight gear), a good internet service and the subscription price. Not everyone who wants to play can probably afford to, at least not with a suitable 'rig'. This will be true even moreso with AH2. These games have always been filled with working class people and rich kids.

Seems to be setting a nasty precident whereby we replace the two week trial exploiters with career subscription beggars. Don't want to offend anyone but the whole premise seems out of wack to me.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 09:58:50 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Payments
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2004, 06:54:06 PM »
really doubt your p51 outturned my 38 in a dogfight too

Read it again, I didn't turn fight you.  I had already killed you and several others.  I merely.... left, landed.

Anyway, I voiced my opinion.

We'll see about how well your 38 matches up against my pony.  I'll be looking up for you.

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Payments
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2004, 08:10:26 PM »
Correct me If Im wrong here But I think this Is between Rod 367th
And this lazer fellow and really none of our buisness.

Said it once say it again Rod367th your a class act

BTW thats #6

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Payments
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2004, 09:43:34 PM »
You're wrong.   Consider yourself corrected.

Offline Heinkel

• Silver Member
      • http://www.3-jg2.com
Payments
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2004, 11:14:15 PM »
Lol, this puts Lazer among the ranks of Voss...

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Payments
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2004, 12:18:10 AM »
Originally posted by Steve
You're wrong.   Consider yourself corrected.

Really Are YOU paying for lazer/s subscription?
Nope Rod367th Is.
So to me that kinda makes it between him and lazer.
Nuff said.

Nutnin worse than a nosy NERD:rofl

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
Payments
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2004, 12:41:31 AM »
Keep punchin guys...

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Payments
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2004, 01:24:53 AM »
Nosey nerd huh?  Another of your brave internet moments, cobra.  You gonna make another internet threat and then try to spin that you were just kidding or didn't say it at all?

These posts are on a board where anyone who desires to do so can read them.  Therefore this discussion is not strictly between rod and Sway.  It's in an area where people are free to discuss their ideas.  Certainly Sway and Rod will go to email to iron things out.  I guess then it will be between them, but not while things are discussed on a public BBS.   Nuff said.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 01:27:13 AM by Steve »

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Payments
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2004, 07:58:57 AM »
woooow......

I've had trouble in the past....squaddie came to the rescue.

what I don't get is WT and Steve.....

why you guys beating on Lazer.....

I suggest Lazer you and Rod communicate privately....

and Rod is a class act:D

when you do come back in lazer...come Bishops...gonna be fun winging with you again.

Offline Joker312

• Nickel Member
Payments
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2004, 08:50:38 AM »
Just read the thread, dont want to make any other comment except I hope things turn around for you Lazer. Yours is a tough position to be in. I hope its not a medical problem.
Joker
80th FS "Headhunters"
FSO Squad 412th FNVG