Author Topic: A world without the US  (Read 7307 times)

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
A world without the US
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2004, 08:23:21 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding

snip
So all in all, 1776 was a bad year for humanity and the course the world would take. ;) :D

Stinky bait :)

culero (swims away)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
A world without the US
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2004, 08:32:59 AM »
While Dowding expressed his thoughts in jest, it is duly noted there are some that appear to believe the world would be far better off without the US in it, and that the US has had virtually no positive impact in history, recent or otherwise. I mean, look at some of these posts! Incredible.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
A world without the US
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2004, 08:40:46 AM »
Darn, I should not put the smilies on and watched a few posters explode in apoplectic rage. But there is always next time... :)
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
A world without the US
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2004, 08:44:41 AM »
lol Dowding

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
A world without the US
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2004, 09:00:51 AM »
Originally posted by Pei
Probably depends if the US General in charge keeps going off about taking the War to China and kicking the commies out of Peking.

That US General was correct IMO, since China flooded into NK and was openly attacking us, we needed to be able to go straight after China and attack them at the points where they were coming from . We should have declared war on China IMO, then applied whatever force needed until they got out of NK.

We were fighting China anyway...we just couldn't attack the Chinese past the Yalu river because of the ROE.

1.34 million Chinese troops crossed the Yalu River from Ji'an. We already were fighting China with almost all China could muster, yet we let them have a free pass until they got into Korea. That's just idiodic.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 09:12:42 AM by NUKE »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
A world without the US
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2004, 10:28:01 AM »
dowding... is a world under imperialist britan any better than one with strongholds of freedom and some communism and the occassional world war?   I think not... 1776 was a great year for human rights.

lazs

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
A world without the US
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2004, 10:34:15 AM »
As they say... "I got one!"
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
A world without the US
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2004, 10:39:06 AM »
I think we both "got one".... pretty easy tho considering that we both believe the statements we made.

lazs

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
A world without the US
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2004, 10:46:26 AM »
Yup, I believe every word I wrote.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
A world without the US
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2004, 10:48:49 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Yup, I believe every word I wrote.

Hey, you forgot the smiley

:p

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
A world without the US
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2004, 10:56:03 AM »
...or did I?

:p

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
A world without the US
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2004, 11:26:57 AM »
face it dowding... you believe that imperialist little island of yours would be good for the world....  even tho it would mean everyone drove on the wrong side of the road.

lazs

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
A world without the US
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2004, 11:30:33 AM »
I actually beileve that Britain was and is a huge positive influence on the world.

That little island is remarkable with a facsinating history and a will of steel when they are pushed to their limits.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
A world without the US
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2004, 11:40:21 AM »
yep... some of the best people in the world left there for here.   Some of the best rules of laws were made and trampled over from there....

not much you can do about driving on the wrong side of the road tho... Oh well.... at least they admitted that whitworth and bsf were not good ideas for fasteners...

lazs

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: A world without the US
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2004, 01:26:22 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Israel have never received military support (apart from intelligence) from the US. They have received monetary donations from the US and been allowed to buy US hardware. I don't see how this will be affected by a US withdrawal of forces (which never were in Israel anyway).

Germany is the leading economic powerhouse of Europe, not France.

I didn't realize you could be an economic powerhouse when your economy is in the crapper. You must be grading on a curve.