Author Topic: A PLEA to fellow KNIGHTS  (Read 1106 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
A PLEA to fellow KNIGHTS
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2004, 10:23:00 AM »
Thats the the longstanding idea behind 3 country arenas.
Unfortunately it VERY rarely works that way.

I've always felt that two or 4 country arenas would be better. Sides would naturally balance themselves out because people want something to fight against

Originally posted by Kanth
I still think Bish and Knights should ally when rook numbers get up to double of their own.

\
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
A PLEA to fellow KNIGHTS
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2004, 11:44:14 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
... Sides would naturally balance themselves out because people want something to fight against

No, they don't.  Hence porking.  Hence horde tactics.  Hence milkrunning.

Alot of folks want to win, but do not want to have to fight someone else to do it.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
A PLEA to fellow KNIGHTS
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2004, 11:55:55 AM »
Originally posted by Furious
Alot of folks want to win, but do not want to have to fight someone else to do it.

I think that's the definition of strateegery, isn't it?

;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
A PLEA to fellow KNIGHTS
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2004, 12:12:17 PM »
I'm a knight, and as one, I feel proud that we never win.. it shows we are just having fun...unlike when i flew for bish you get some tinpot general trying to push people around..i always feel abit sad when I see swarms of groany's and dweeb lalas coming in.. how boring..:aok

i think if you want to win resets go bish..

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
A PLEA to fellow KNIGHTS
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2004, 01:29:30 PM »

BINGO !!! ... Furious, for an FDB, your a pretty smart guy ...  :D

It's a good thing that the ammo bunkers are only attached to ordianance otherwise those porkin' dweebs would have something else to assure that they never meet conflict.

There is only one solution that I can think of, and that is to harden the fuel strats to something equvilent to 500-1000 lbs of ordiance expended on it before being destroyed.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline ATC

• Zinc Member
A PLEA to fellow KNIGHTS
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2004, 02:01:13 PM »
DamnedMax speaks wisely

ATC

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
A PLEA to fellow KNIGHTS
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2004, 12:05:09 AM »

Wish I could agree with ya... but I dont
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
A PLEA to fellow KNIGHTS
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2004, 09:13:26 AM »
HTC knows from experiance that 2 and four countries don't work... 3 is still the best balance...  3 only works if the maps are good tho.   small maps are fine and so are ones with rfields close together... on the anal maps like pizza it the sky accountants and strat girls run from their own shadow and spend the night hiding from each other or "organizing" gangbangs.

lazs

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
A PLEA to fellow KNIGHTS
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2004, 03:02:36 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
HTC knows from experiance that 2 and four countries don't work... 3 is still the best balance...  3 only works if the maps are good tho.   small maps are fine and so are ones with rfields close together... on the anal maps like pizza it the sky accountants and strat girls run from their own shadow and spend the night hiding from each other or "organizing" gangbangs.

lazs

Just curious, But what experiance that would be? so far as I know I've never seen a two  or four country map in a Main Arena here or in AW.
So far as I know its never even been tried as a MA setup.
Could be wrong though since I havent been around AH since its creation.
What I do know is 3 country arenas dont or I should say RARELY work the way they are intended to and never have.
If the two weaker countries tended to fight the one stronger one I'd agree. But thats not what usually happens.
Typically what we usually end up with is the two countries with the most numbers ganging up on the one with the least numbers in a race to take the most feilds. While barely skirmishing each other just enough to not loose too many bases to one another.
In the case you might as well just have two countries anyway.
Small maps are fine if all you like is one big furball or gangbang.
I Dont.
The larger maps Pizza included, seem to have a range of options with some feilds closer to one another then others. I furballed the better part of last night  about 5 hours and I dont think I spent more then 10 minutes tops getting to the fight and more times then not it was a significantly shorter time then that which really isnt much different then I experiance onthe smaller maps.
Also the problem with the Smaller maps is they tend to end up as nothing more then one big gangbang be they "organized" or not.
Problem with the feilds that are close together on any map is those are usually the first ones to be captured. Or if they arent they are the first ones porked which means to get to the furball you ended up having to fly a greater distance. Just like you would on the larger maps.
While Some of the spawn points are screwed up.
On Pizza map I see nothing wrong with the map itself other then they way countries are situated at the start. Each country should start  completely owning  1 of the 3 land masses and a couple islands. they way they set it up now makes no sence whatsoever.
Bottom line is each map is what you make of it. If you want to find somehintg to have fun doing while your on it you can. and if you want to be miserable on a particular map, you can do that too.
The fun is up to you.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty