Author Topic: AH film question  (Read 537 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
AH film question
« on: February 09, 2004, 12:57:08 PM »
I shot a couple of clips this weekend, one i'd like to see has a problem of some kind. It shows 5+ min of film...but simply shows the tower as it "plays". Two of the 12 or so clips I shot have this problem...I know I wass'nt in tower with film running...also shows no text buffer etc...anyway...any way to trouble shoot or are those 2 clips corrupted somehow?

Thanks

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
AH film question
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 01:26:29 PM »
Were you playing as a gunner at the times you are shown in the tower?  Gunner films only show the tower, unfortunately.  However, if you use the AH Film Viewer, you can apparently jump into any of the aircraft listed on the right-hand side and view the film from their perspective.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
AH film question
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 01:29:15 PM »
I was in an La-5...

Used the film editor for the 1st time this morning..awesome.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AH film question
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 01:34:01 PM »
I have the same problem on some films I shot this weekend. For some reason, the only thing that shows is the tower although the film obviously contains the data from the flight. No text, no vox,- just a tower view. The films were shot in a spit v and spit iX.
This is the first time this has happened, and I think HTC should take a look at them or some others that won't play to see if its caused by a bug in the map or perhaps the arena being close to its limits.

BTW - no planes show up on the right side. Its as blank as the text buffer.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2004, 01:36:08 PM by TweetyBird »

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
AH film question
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »
Exactly....

(edit)...guess my question is this...is the "data" still there or is the clip toast?

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AH film question
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2004, 11:17:45 PM »
bump
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 12:09:16 AM by TweetyBird »

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Film question again - PLEASE give some response
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2004, 09:40:21 PM »
Ok, it happened again on another map, so its not a bug in Fester's map. I'm shooting all over on a p38 from 300 yards and am getting no hits - it looks like the tracers are just flying through the plane. Ok - I'm filming and I think this will be a great learning film. I'll just land and go check in the viewer to see where my bullets are going. THE FILM DOESN'T PLAY. WHY?
The last posts on this subject were completely ignored. I don't think its asking a lot for a little help with this. If I have to send you the film, please just say and I will email it pronto. Please don't ignore this post.

Edit: I apologize if this post seems a little testy. I noticed the support email address after posting it. I realize you  may not have ignored the first posts, but simply don't check all the boards regularly. I've forwarded this post email.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 10:27:46 PM by TweetyBird »

Offline Kommandant

• Copper Member
      • http://www.lawsquadron.cjb.net
AH film question
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 03:15:24 PM »
:confused:

The best I can come up with on this is two possible explinations really. Well three. One that your software with Aces High lets you record, just not play videos. That is confusing to me but I have heard of it before. Of course I am sure you can play other videos so this is not the problem.  What you may want to do here is reload the game, don't delete the game then reinstall it, just reinstall it over your current game. This usually fixes any programing bugs that one might encounter.

The second theory is that it was Ghost plane, I have encountered them alot. Planes that upto a day before flew along the same flight path and are somehow copies of themselves flying the same path again as you try to shoot them down, you either hit them with no success (Six shots from a Yak9T cannon on a 109G2 and it diddn't go down) or your rounds go right through them and cause you to loose your ammo and have to Return to Base. Why this would mess with your video I am unsure.

And the Final Theory is that the programming you are experiencing is crap. I have noticed alot of errors, it seems with HTC and this Game everything that works has two Bugs. Not to say they haven't done an awesome job on this work so far, just to say that there are too many bugs. Of course that is part of the fun of the game.

So there are possible explinations for you. If it would be the last one, reloading the game into your system would be the best way to fix that one too.

Hope this was of some Help, Let me know if it works at all. My E-mail addy is Kommandant@lycos.co.uk

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
AH film question
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2004, 09:09:16 PM »
1 is possible
2 Ive never heard of before
3 is BS

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
AH film question
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2004, 11:16:04 PM »
Have the same problem. Last few weeks all recorded films are just a shot from the tower..

Skuzzy ???  Whassssup ??
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
AH film question
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2004, 11:18:33 PM »
Punt
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
AH film question
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2004, 06:25:52 AM »
The one film I have gotten that shows this appears to be a header overflow.  Possibly caused by too many objects in the area.  I had suggested waiting until you are rolling on the runway before starting the recorder.
Not sure if that will help or not.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
AH film question
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2004, 04:15:06 PM »
Skuzzy

I dont bother recording till I'm engaging...if you'd like I could send you one to look at. Is an ongoing but sporadic problem.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
AH film question
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2004, 04:31:51 PM »
Never hurts to send one in humble.  Be happy to take a look at it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
AH film question
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2004, 04:45:56 PM »
I'll e-mail you one soon as I get home.

Thanx