Author Topic: please help me identify this movie...  (Read 452 times)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
please help me identify this movie...
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2004, 01:27:35 PM »
Originally posted by CyranoAH
The funniest thing about the bomb scene is that Slim Pickens was never told the movie was a comedy and was told to act seriously.

Daniel

snopes
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2004, 01:40:24 PM »
I stand corrected.

snopes 1 - IMDB 0 :)

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2004, 01:41:54 PM »
It's really wierd.

I love that movie, and I recently watched it again. But after a year or so passes, I know I'll think back and say: "yeah, that movie was 'aight" Then I'll watch it again and remember how funny it really is. I don't know why it doesn't stay with me. Maybe there are just too many awesome parts of that movie.

For a real treat, watch "Fail Safe" first, then "Dr. Strangelove" one after the other.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2004, 01:52:01 PM »
Larry Hagman is great in Fail Safe. He plays the role totally straight, but you can't help but think "When's Jeannie gonna pop in?"
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.