Author Topic: Rename the CAP event!  (Read 417 times)

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Rename the CAP event!
« on: February 24, 2004, 06:16:29 AM »
After some discussion in the CMs forum we've decided that the name for the saturday event is.......well........

ok, we've got Squad Ops: Yup, squadron event, you can tell from the name.
Scenarios. Yup, linked frames depicting a historical battle.
Snapshots. Snapshot, kinda a one shot thing. Yup, snapshots.
King Of The Hill. Well duh, wonder what that event is all about.....

What event's that Swoop?
The CAP event.
What on earth does CAP mean?
Combat Air Patrol.
So.....it's like.....all A2A then?
Well no, it's a branching campaign starting in 1940 that follows WW2 in a chronological order through to 1945, either side can win in the end, there's medals and other cool stuff. Oh and it's not just one life either, it's two hours of action. There's ground attack missions, bombing missions, fighter sweeps and ground vehicles are available in between flights for pilots who got shot down and don't want to just wait around in the tower for the next spawn window.
So......wassat got to do with combat air patrolling?
Um.....bugger all.
Then why's it called the Combat Air Patrol event?
:blank look:

'Tis a silly name.

And we want your help renaming the event since us CMs are all about as creative as a stunned herring with a crayon.

Have a look here for a full description of the event if you've never flown in it.

Please make your suggestions in this thread and the lucky winner will be revered for all time as the man (or woman) who named my event.  Personally I wanted to call it      World War Two:  Online.      But I understand there may be some copyright issues.......