Author Topic: Goodbye Howard!  (Read 596 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Goodbye Howard!
« on: February 26, 2004, 01:38:33 AM »
From The Hollywood Reporter

"Clear Channel drew a line in the sand today with regard to protecting our listeners from indecent content, and Howard Stern's show blew right through it," Hogan said. "It was vulgar, offensive and insulting, not just to women and African-Americans but to anyone with a sense of common decency. We will not air Howard Stern on Clear Channel stations until we are assured that his show will conform to acceptable standards of responsible broadcasting."

Frankly, I got tired of Stern years ago. It looks like he may have to come up with some new shtick or leave the air alltogether. Viacom's butt is on the line now.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Goodbye Howard!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 01:44:42 AM »
What did he say/do that finally drew the  ire of Clear Channel?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline 59bassman

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Goodbye Howard!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 01:55:22 AM »
Originally posted by Steve
What did he say/do that finally drew the  ire of Clear Channel?

LOL like you he just dont know when to shut up:D

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Goodbye Howard!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 01:57:02 AM »
Gee 59bassman, I've NEVER spoken to you before and you've been on the boards for what... 24 hours... and you think you know me.... insult me to boot.

Hello Kommandant/mrblack

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Goodbye Howard!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 01:57:16 AM »
In the interview, Stern and Solomon discussed how Solomon "banged" Hilton and a 15-year-old Drew Barrymore; at one point, a caller asked Solomon if he had "ever bang(ed) a famous n***er chick? What do they smell like? Watermelons?"

The execs are testifying to Congress on how they are cleaning up their broadcasts at the very moment Stern was broadcasting that. Clear Channel also fired "Bubba, The Love Sponge" on the same day after he received the biggest ever proposed indecency fine in FCC history of $715,000.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Goodbye Howard!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 01:58:50 AM »
ty rpm  :)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Goodbye Howard!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 02:00:44 AM »
No prob Steve. Oh, you forgot his other personality, RC51.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Goodbye Howard!
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 02:06:59 AM »
lol

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Goodbye Howard!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2004, 06:22:39 AM »
This isn't exactly news.  HS has been battling ClearChannel forever.  That's why they only carried him on six stations to begin with.

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
Goodbye Howard!
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2004, 07:13:16 AM »
More Janet boob fallout and the resulting new moral enforcement.

"We will not air Howard Stern on Clear Channel stations until we are assured that his show will conform to acceptable standards of responsible broadcasting," said a statement from John Hogan, president and CEO of Clear Channel Radio.

If Howard has any balls he'll assure them that he's going to toe the line then blow right through it again on his first day back just for funsies.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Goodbye Howard!
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2004, 07:46:29 AM »
If Howard were a smart businessman, he'd move from a radio format to a cable tv format.  Hello, Playboy Channel.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Goodbye Howard!
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2004, 08:05:44 AM »
uh oh... he offended negroes....

lazs

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Goodbye Howard!
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2004, 08:12:21 AM »
The FCC is out of control - thanks Janet.

No idea what bit they are refering to that was insulting.  They are all insulting, but even the people being insulted by them laugh... the only people that have a problem with what he says are the bleeding hearts that feel the pain of others.

Ist juzt plaine redikulos.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Goodbye Howard!
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2004, 10:34:23 AM »
"They are so afraid of me and what this show represents," Stern said Thursday during his popular radio program.

Howard is so full of himself.  What his show represents?  His show represents the juvenile fascination of hookers, strippers, people with disabilities, and fart jokes.  He acts as if his program is doing a service or is necessary for survival of the human race.

The radio suits are afraid of what would happen to their ratings if they fired him, they could not care less about what he represents.  Only now they realize that FCC fines are more costly than Howard's show's profits.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Goodbye Howard!
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2004, 12:07:59 PM »
Originally posted by Mickey1992
"They are so afraid of me and what this show represents," Stern said Thursday during his popular radio program.

Howard is so full of himself.  What his show represents?  His show represents the juvenile fascination of hookers, strippers, people with disabilities, and fart jokes.  He acts as if his program is doing a service or is necessary for survival of the human race.

The radio suits are afraid of what would happen to their ratings if they fired him, they could not care less about what he represents.  Only now they realize that FCC fines are more costly than Howard's show's profits.

Wife went on the show and got naked for him, didnt she?