Author Topic: Combat Theater as a seperate sim.  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Combat Theater as a seperate sim.
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2004, 02:09:46 PM »
Originally posted by Jester
Hey Arlo, You know this "Toad" Chick?   :D

I once got so drunk I woke up with a chick that looked like a toad. "We thought you was a toad!"

That count? :D

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2004, 02:18:49 PM »
You girls are certainly touchy today!

Let's see..... how often do I have to fly in the CT to be allowed to check in and see what's up?

I mean every once in a while, there's an interesting matchup in the CT and I like to participate. Is that allowed or is there some kind of beauty contest you have to win first?

And if some of you choose to play "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?" in a thread, why wouldn't it be amusing to others?

Some of you opened the doors for the sneak peek into the Barbie Playhouse; guess you shoulda kept the shades drawn. ;)

The idea that the CT needs it's own BBS is laughable. It's nothing special; it's just another aspect of the AH game. The major feature is "historical matchups" which of course usually aren't. Because HT just won't give us every single possible variant of every single plane right away yesterday. Wah. So, we have Peggys where Bettys should be. Very historical. Oh, did I forget somewhat limited radar and icons? Whooo-hooooo! Now THAT'S something major in which to take pride. Doesn't seem to keep anyone from getting kills though does it? Of course, the initial radar settings have been greatly relaxed because there's just dang few folks that want to drill around looking for a fight. Might be because so many folks also have a real life and their gaming time is somewhat limited.

There's your great big huge set of differences that make this so "special". This requires a separate BBS?

AH General Discussion forum: 315921 posts

Combat Theater forum: 20487

You need your own BBS for THAT amount of traffic? Not.

Oh, yeah.

Recruiting? What, too tough to put "COMBAT THEATER SQUAD" into your recruiting announcements? That thread isn't so busy that it would disappear into the 2nd page all that fast.

Now, I'm sure it's quite upsetting when other "chicks" (who threw that out first?) come in her and tell you that you have runs in your pantyhose. Life's tough sometimes.

I'll drop by again sometime to see if there's any interesting setups in the works. Ta-ta.

Oh, btw Jester. I think you'll find I favor the early war stuff in the MA. The F4F is my favorite. I do stretch into the C205 era though too. I find Jets (well, all the perk planes in that silly system) are best for spawning at a capped field and counting how many guys auger trying to vulch me.

Say....... could you guys list the "manly" planes for me? I'd really appreciate that. Maybe I could even get a key to the CT Barbie treehouse if I fly them enough in the MA?

:rofl
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2004, 02:22:04 PM »
Excuse me "Mr. WOT." Who's touching what? Errr ... I mean ... who's being touchy? :lol

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2004, 03:06:21 PM »
Be careful Arlo, you make her mad and she will hit you with her Purse! :rofl

Originally posted by Toad
Say....... could you guys list the "manly" planes for me? I'd really appreciate that. Maybe I could even get a key to the CT Barbie treehouse if I fly them enough in the MA?

For the record........

REAL men fly CARRIER PLANES !

If it ain't got a "HOOK" it ain't worth flying. :aok
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2004, 03:34:26 PM »
Hmm..... guess I'm already a REAL MAN then.

Here's the last tour I did any appreciable flying:

Hey, Jes.. check your compact. Your lipstick is smeared.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2004, 04:00:08 PM »
I am glad to have anybody from the MA I can learn something from no matter what they fly. Urchin and Shane both taught me things this week, and they probably didnt know they were doing it.  The "Plant-the-flag-fuel-porking-suicide-augertards" can stay in the MA, I already know how to do that. :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2004, 04:28:15 PM »
I welcome everyone from the MA ... skilled or unskilled ... new player or vet. Drawing more players across to the CT from the MA was the reasoning behind the banner campaign. And if they fly both - all the better. When they fly in the MA (and I do, occasionally myself) they can regale their MA squadmates, friends and opponents with tales of all the fun they're having in the CT as well.

Besides ... if they're good dogfighters it'll help make up for any planeset "balance deficiencies." If they're new players ... it'll help keep my score from bottoming out. No wait ... I mean .... my stats .... errr .... no wait ....

Numbers in the CT seems like a good thing to me.

Next on the agenda should be coming up with an effective promotional campaign to boost non-prime-time CT numbers. A Euro/Asiatic campaign ... so to speak.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2004, 04:34:12 PM »
Of course I didnt mean to say that I only wanted skilled MA players, but that is what we were scufflin about above so thats why I said that.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2004, 04:56:21 PM »
I dont recall saying anything about MA being bad or MA players being bad, or target any group for ridicule. I just said it would be easier for those of us that focus on the CT to have a place to recruit, and maybe also for SEA events. Im not sure whats so offensive about that.

I wont bother responding to your points in detail, because its just a rant.

"You girls are certainly touchy today!"

Really, US huh?

Later.

p.s. Players that post their own stats might as well have a tatoo saying "I crave attention".
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 05:02:39 PM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2004, 05:13:58 PM »
No Squire, you didn't belittle the MA or spritz the "Elitism" perfume around.

In response to your post, I just pointed out that there is a place for Squad Recruiting already. Squads for the MA, Squads for the CT, Squads for both. All one needs to do is specify "CT Squad" in the subject line and you've identified your target audience. No need for a special forum at all.

Same for a separate BBS which was also mentioned. The CT Forum more than adequately covers that requirement.

As for stats...... yah, I'm really a stat guy. Mine aren't much, are they? But then I fly to have fun. Just pointing out to Jester, who seems to think I'm a "chick" and not a "real man" that I already mostly fly planes with a hook. Have for a long time. In fact, that's one of the things that will bring me to the CT.

And as for touchy...... reread the thread and check the response to Furious. I think it's pretty clear who's egos are tender.

Look, I hate to be the one to bring the news but the CT is a very minor sideshow in AH. I'll be suprised if it exists a year after the intro of AH2: TOD. Real suprised.

I'll miss the F4F v Zeke matchups the most but maybe they'll have a Pacific TOD that's worth doing. You never know.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2004, 05:23:34 PM »
Originally posted by Toad

And as for touchy...... reread the thread and check the response to Furious. I think it's pretty clear who's egos are tender.

Dunno .... you seem awful verbose and stuff for someone who ain't got alot of estrogine production goin' on. :D

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2004, 05:25:59 PM »
Im waiting anxiously for AH:TOD, and if it replaces the CT, fine by me. I have no brand loyalty, I go where I can get a "WW2" fix. The CT is a sideshow, we all know that, thats one of the things we are trying to address.

Snapshots and other SEA events are a sideshow too, but the flying there is the best in AH, imho, and not beacuse of anybodys "better" skill that goes there.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2004, 05:54:44 PM »
Look, I hate to be the one to bring the news but the CT is a very minor sideshow in AH. I'll be suprised if it exists a year after the intro of AH2: TOD. Real suprised.

Oh no! What ever will we do? Arlo make him stop!!!

reread the thread and check the response to Furious. I think it's pretty clear who's egos are tender.

Your the one with ego issues you frickn' tool. Your silly posts are some of the most pathetic crap Ive seen on theses boards. Did you even read what you wrote? I dont know if its funny or sad that you actually think you're "somebody" and you're putting the CT'ers in there place. Post some more "stats" for us cool guy. Man what a sissy.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2004, 05:56:46 PM »
Personally I've never understood where people get this MA vs. CT mentality from, either side.  Both arenas have something to offer, both arenas have frustrated me for various reasons.  They are just two different aspects to which is essentially the same experience.  

The only thing I can think of that keeps me from seeing some of the more "dweeby" behavior that is more common in the MA is the CT as a whole is a smaller community.  It reminds  me of the MA back in the beta days, though with maybe a few more... uhh... characters shall we say? :)   To me the MA's biggest assest is also it's greatest liability, the horde.  

As for my response to Furious' orginal post, I'm sure he knows it was meant in good fun (I hope he does at least)  I give him crap on a nightly basis when I see him in the MA.  We're just a couple of smartasses poking fun at people and each other no harm meant I'm sure.  

Once again I've rambled and if anyone is still reading this and actually cares what I have to say, I'm impressed. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2004, 06:46:34 PM »
Verbosity in praise of Barbie is no vice!

And Slash....... you're way too easy.