Author Topic: 325th Taking a break from the CT  (Read 1853 times)

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
325th Taking a break from the CT
« on: March 05, 2004, 11:35:29 AM »
The 325th is taking a break from the CT to pursue other avenues in AH. Most of my guys are tired of the whole thing... it was fun but now it's not. We will mainly be flying Squad Ops, snapshots, and scenarios. We have had a lot of fun flying with most of the squads in here, we will be flying the CT from time to time later on but right now we need a break.

Let the Flaming start..

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 11:42:14 AM »
No flames. Why are there so many not having fun? First JG3, then the 325th and several individuals. Just as with JG3, I will be sorry to see you guys go, hope to see you back soon.

(thinking maybe I need to start a CT squad, non-aligned side switchers of course)

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Re: 325th Taking a break from the CT
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 12:56:05 PM »
Originally posted by o0Stream140o
The 325th is taking a break from the CT to pursue other avenues in AH. Most of my guys are tired of the whole thing... it was fun but now it's not. We will mainly be flying Squad Ops, snapshots, and scenarios. We have had a lot of fun flying with most of the squads in here, we will be flying the CT from time to time later on but right now we need a break.

Let the Flaming start..

Be Cool Stream, keep posting yer groovy work though so we can check it out?

Sakai
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline Telstar

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 01:29:37 PM »
Seems to be a lot of that going around, When something you love doing is no fun theres something wrong and a break can help bring back focus.

Have fun wherever you find yourself 325th

Anyone else think the CT has been a little stale lately ?

Offline wolf05

• Copper Member
      • http://jagd3udet.org
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 01:32:59 PM »
Hey Stream<>, JG-3 knows exactly how you feel, lol. We made our move for the same reasons. Way too many text insults going back and forth from both sides just seems to kill ones enthusiasm, if you know what I mean. The MA seems to support the way we like to do our missions, and it seems to be a friendlier environment, though, but for a few... there are still a great bunch of guys in the CT.  You guys are a Great squad<>, and one we like to do battle with. It is my hope that one day soon we can ALL be civil to each other and start to have some fun again.
We do enjoy the CT, as it was our first home, but sometimes you just have to leave the nest to find a little peace and quiet, lol. Good luck to you and the Checkertail Clan Bud<>.:aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 01:40:41 PM »
Comes and goes. There are times there's some wicked fighting and times both sides organize and one side (or even both) meets their objective(s) and everyone had fun doing it.

Then there are times when one side or the other takes a beating for awhile and decides to do one of the following:

1: Go to ground. "We'll either take that damned base or we'll make it unusable for the enemy by throwing swarms of M-16s at it and parking them on their runways."

2: Divide and conquer. "If we all take buff formations and hit their undefended bases then take goons and drop then the map is ours. OURS I say. BwAHAHAHAHAHA!"

3: Log because that'll show them. Sometimes "en masse." - could be a group of buddies ... maybe even a squad. Sometimes "for good" (up to a whole month). (Which is basically "taking a break with a `tude.")

Then the survivors take a look at the situation. Figure out how to continue. And have fun. :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 01:56:28 PM »
Originally posted by wolf05
It is my hope that one day soon we can ALL be civil to each other and start to have some fun again.

One and/or the other, sir. Tis a quandry. I've a cunning and devious plan but it may cost you some dead wood in the end. :D

C'mon! The "we left due to the lack of civility shown us" thang never floated, dogs, old friend. Had JG3 been following in your footsteps and exhibiting said civility uniformly I could almost believe it.

Me? I'm a reactionary for the most part. I hear someone start to whine, gloat or make a general arse of themselves on ch1 (to anyone) and I tend to spoonfeed them some of their watermelon back. They keep on and they get the whole plate in their face.

And I would expect the same in return.

Now let me guess. We're all reactionaries. Well ... except those who have mastered complete self-control or the squelch command. But those who haven't may still take things the wrong way at times or perhaps type stuff out of frustration occasionally as well. Right? Some here may want to let the phrase stand. It's a fairly good "out" so to speak.

On top of that .... JG3 (for all intensive purposes) ... is back. And I don't see a "kinder, gentler, more civil, better mannered" version.

So to recap the snippage I quoted:

It is my hope that one day soon we can ALL be civil to each other and start to have some fun again.

I would suggest not being overly-concerned with the former and concentrating more on the latter. Perhaps that in itself will create the CT Nirvana sought.  :aok

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 02:04:13 PM »
Way too many text insults going back and forth from both sides just seems to kill ones enthusiasm, if you know what I mean. The MA seems to support the way we like to do our missions,

I suspect that, because of the lower numbers involved, the CT just doesn't handle squad operations as well as the MA, unless there happens to be another, similar-size squad in the CT at the same time (and even then, wouldn't you need a certain amount of cooperation just to decide where to fight?).  I've never been in a squad (well, way back, once, for just a couple of ops), so I don't know how the personal dynamics work...but wouldn't it be possible to have a squad op that pitted half the squad against the other half?  Seems to me that would avoid the base-swarming ganging thing that causes some of the difficulty.

- oldman

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 02:12:36 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
...but wouldn't it be possible to have a squad op that pitted half the squad against the other half?  Seems to me that would avoid the base-swarming ganging thing that causes some of the difficulty.

- oldman

That wouldn't be supporting the way JG3 likes to do their missions. I'll be the first to say that they work well as a large group. Organized ... quick to change to their secondary targets when the primary mission stalls, etc. And they like to all fly on the same side (which should be an easy-to-understand desire).

CAG-44 was formed to meet such a group head-to-head thereby creating a more balanced enviroment and fun for both sides. We were just getting things organized when *poof* ... suddenly everyone was being "too mean" and JG3 evaporated.

But .... like I said .... for all intensive purposes, they're back. And this week's set should be JG3's perfect cup `o soup. CAG-44 will, of course, have to change it's persona to the (fictional) "44th Fighter Group" to meet the challenge.

Could be a good thing. If we just let it and stop bellyaching. :D

Offline wolf05

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2004, 02:23:12 PM »
Hey Arlo<>, yeah bud, you are correct. JG-3 was very guilty of being text fighters, and yes again... would go the extra mile in being as nasty as we could, and I was extremely guilty of this as well. I like to have fun, and not get into the petty end of the game, but I am also a reactionary type, and will go toe to toe with reckless abandon when I feel myself or Our Squadron under verbal or written attacks. It is just my nature bud.

I do not know what our CT status will be in the future, and yes we did test the waters last night to see how it would feel to be back in the CT. I do not know about being a kinder and gentler JG-3, as I do not think there is such a critter, lol... But our return had a few stipulations to make it comfortable for all concerned. Absolutely no text messages over channel 1, in fact, channel 1 will be squelched by everyone JG-3 when we are in the CT. The only problem I have with this, is not being able to say howdy to quite a few of the allied fighters that I have come to respect and admire, and not being able to give an eaned salute.

No, JG-3 is not back in the CT by any means, other than maybe a night or two along the way to have a change from the MA, lol.
We did have a lot of fun last night, and I hope the allied forces did too. I have always enjoyed the good fights that can be had in there, but without all of the petty insults that seem to be food for the ignorant. I for one will not be dining that way anymore... and neither will JG-3 Udet!

You are a good guy Arlo<>, and it would be nice to cross the lances with you again sometime bud. Take care.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2004, 02:47:19 PM »
You sort of nailed it down Oldman. It does take a certain amount of cooperation to keep a good fight giong between two squadrons or even groups of squadrons. That was one reason why CAG-44 was brought to life. We did it because each time we upped as our smaller individual squadrons we were overwhelmed by the larger (local in game) organized contingent of Axis players whether they were a squadron or not. Also it allows us to run missions with better cover when going up against groups like JG3.

This civility notion is interesting to see brought up. It needs to  work both ways in my  opinion if we want to continue having this arena to run historical and semi-historical setups in. If it doesn't then we may as well shut the thing down now and move along to something else.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2004, 02:47:43 PM »
Sorry to see you guys go since I never really had a chance to fly with you. and good luck in your ventures.

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2004, 02:56:50 PM »
Way too many text insults going back and forth from both sides just seems to kill ones enthusiasm, if you know what I mean.

Bingo. I took a break from the CT, decided to take a look back at it, saw my reasons for leaving it in the first place still alive and well ....:rolleyes:
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2004, 04:22:08 PM »
Absolutely no text messages over channel 1, in fact, channel 1 will be squelched by everyone JG-3 when we are in the CT. The only problem I have with this, is not being able to say howdy to quite a few of the allied fighters that I have come to respect and admire, and not being able to give an eaned salute.

You are a good guy Arlo<>, and it would be nice to cross the lances with you again sometime bud. Take care.

No prob there at all. That was VF-17's original standing orders for open channel (which I and others have fallen away from as of late). We may yet go back to that on squad nights. Once we get the guys flyin together as a cohesive group again, that is. As far as silence is concerned ... I guess it's golden. I don't need an from an opponent to admire his skill. We can do that here. Besides ... I've died returning salutes. I'm sure others have. And ... actually .... I hate typing. Even more than the P-38. :D

Now fly the "friendly" skies of CT more often, ya'll. Us CAGers'll switch  to even things but we'd rather fight our traditional adversaries. :)

Offline wolf05

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2004, 04:26:51 PM »
Reschke, you too hit the nail on the head, as far as keeping the CT alive and enjoyable for all. In the past, JG-3 has had the reputation for being the biggest antagonists over the text buffer. But one has to ask themselves, how did it start in the first place.

I have seen loud mouths on both sides of the fence on this one, and yet the blame always has to be placed somewhere other than where it is deserved. It really does not matter who started it any longer, but what can be done to stop it.

As a squadron, the members of JG-3 has discussed this issue, and have decided that if and when we do decide to run a few missions in the CT, we will always squelch channel 1. We did it last night and found it to be a very fun evening for us. In doing this, it not only cuts out the insults and trashing, but also allows us to just have some fun without getting into the verbal bashings ourselves... And yes, as a group we can be pretty nasty with the written word... Just like several others that like to act holier than thou on this issue.

Several of us have freely admitted to biting off on this behaviour, but after awhile, you do not even think about it, but just start the trash talking when certain people show up, as you want to get your insults in before they do. How Adult, lol, but we have plead guilty... Can you?

In moving JG-3 into the MA, it has allowed us that refreshing break from the constant show of disrespect for one another that seems to be the mainstay of the CT these days. Look around guys, a lot of good people are leaving for the same reasons we have left for. And no... JG-3 is not hiding from anybody in the CT. We will pretty much go head to head with anyone that cares to fight us, but will just not put up with the BS anymore.

If in fact JG-3 decides to return to the CT, we will be practicing what we preach, and challenge the rest of you to do the same.
Squelch channel 1 and fight your fight. If you have something negative to get off of your chest... Scream it at your monitor or something. Either that or just get a grip. I for one do not like to be at odds with anyone anywhere at anytime, but will definitely admit that I have my moments, and for that I apologize.

My policy on how I treat people has always been one of "Don't Push My Buttons, And I Will Not Push Yours". But I now find my frame of mind and outlook on this is singing a different tune... "You Cannot Push My Buttons If I Do Not Show You Where They Are"! lol. Peace<>.