Author Topic: 2 pearl harbor configurations for CT  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
2 pearl harbor configurations for CT
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2004, 10:08:42 PM »
Incidentally, in checking around for the most specific types and numbers of aircraft on Oahu when Pearl Harbor was attacked, here is the best source I've found:

http://www.ww2pacific.com/aaf41.html

This list should be invaluable for all Pearl Harbor scenarios, e.g., 87 P-40B, 11 P-40C, 39 P-36A, 6 P-26A, and 6 P-26B at Wheeler; 11 F4F-3 at Ewa; no fighters at Hickam; 8 P-40C and 2 P-36A at Haleiwa; 5 F4F-3A, 5 F4F-3, and 8 F2A-3 (Buffalo) at Ford Island .

I've read a lot about Dec. 7, 1941, but had no idea there were so many fighters on Oahu and none at Hickam that morning.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2004, 10:21:51 PM »
Fester email me about this map please. I have a few ideas bouncing around for possible use in the CT and would like to drop them on you to see what you think. Email addy is in my profile.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline snocone

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2004, 03:16:12 PM »
Brady wrote "First off for any set up in the CT Base capture is a nesessary component."

Several times I have asked why capture is nesessary in the CT. I have never recieved a valid answer. Last time I have been involved in a capture attempt it was for a lone base so we could get a perked plane back. Most CT regulars dont care much about capture (i think?). Whenever I see a base get taken its almost always some wank-tard clear on the other side of the map milkin. Some squads run ops on their squad nights in the CT, but i think even they would not mind doing something other than capture for the chance to play on a new and unique map.

Then again, I am an idiot.

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2004, 04:05:09 PM »
Okay just a thought... one night we could reinact it... have the CT for one night even up sides and try to make something of it... Like I said just an Idea.... Map looks really good....:aok

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2004, 04:05:09 PM »
I think at least the possibility of base capture should be present.  There have been whole CT squads who have stated that their goal is base capture in the CT.  Often times base attack is the driving force behind many of the furballs.  Take away base capture and you in turn lose one of the driving forces behind attacking the base in the first place.  Even if no one launches a goon to capture the field,  I think the idea that someone COULD makes attacking the field worthwhile to the average player.  The more facets of gameplay that can be successfully incorporated the better we're off in the CT.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2004, 04:06:08 PM »
Okay just a thought... one night we could reinact it... have the CT for one night even up sides and try to make something of it... Like I said just an Idea.... Map looks really good....

If you want to re-enact it I'll have to put it up a night early and only tell the axis flyers. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2004, 04:07:11 PM »
Originally posted by Soulyss
If you want to re-enact it I'll have to put it up a night early and only tell the axis flyers. :)

Like I said it was a thought... guess not a very good one...:(