Author Topic: DC shooter sentenced  (Read 250 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
DC shooter sentenced
« on: March 09, 2004, 01:21:34 PM »
Latest Developments
 AP Photo  
Sniper Killer Muhammad Sentenced to Death
(AP) - A judge rejected John Allen Muhammad insistence of innocence and sentenced him to death Tuesday, saying his actions in the Washington-area sniper shootings were "so vile that they were almost beyond comprehension." Circuit Judge LeRoy F. Millette Jr. also turned aside a plea from Muhammad's lawyers to spare their client's life. He ordered that Muhammad be executed on Oct. 14, but that date likely will be postponed to allow appeals. More...  

link
http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=US&cat=Sniper_Shootings

AFAIAC, AMF, we can sure do without this "person".
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
DC shooter sentenced
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 01:27:15 PM »
We should have a National Lottery to decide who gets to throw the switch.

Offline AdmRose

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cmdrrose/index.html
Just goes to show you...
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 01:28:21 PM »
...the inefficiancy of the American justice system.

Took them over a year to tell us the obvious.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
DC shooter sentenced
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 01:30:16 PM »
They should both get life in prison.  Its a much more harsher punishment.  Don't drop the soap, John, or you might have to deal with a different kind of sniping.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
allow appeals?!?
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 01:30:47 PM »
like the "appeals" for the ones whose brains he scattered

there should be a trap door in the courtroom for cases like this

judge pulls a lever and this human trash is dropped into a king size disposal, ground up for zoo food
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline AdmRose

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cmdrrose/index.html
Re: allow appeals?!?
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 01:32:33 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
like the "appeals" for the ones whose brains he scattered

there should be a trap door in the courtroom for cases like this

judge pulls a lever and this human trash is dropped into a king size disposal, ground up for zoo food

"A murderer was captured this morning and tried this afternoon.
Sentence - death. Execution - 6 PM, all net, all channels."

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
DC shooter sentenced
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 01:34:29 PM »
Originally posted by gofaster
They should both get life in prison.  Its a much more harsher punishment.  Don't drop the soap, John, or you might have to deal with a different kind of sniping.

Our prison system today is one of the reasons why crime isn't rescending. Its not punishment anymore.  There are those on the streets that are better off in prison since you get 3 squares a day, roof  over your head, a bed , TV, weight room, college education if you feel so inspired...hell an inmate in the U.S. probably lives a better life than any 3rd world nation family.  Criminals have nothing to lose, they have more to gain in prison. So why not take a risk? There is no consequence.

Offline LAWCobra

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.lawsquadron.cjb.net
DC shooter sentenced
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2004, 01:44:43 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Our prison system today is one of the reasons why crime isn't rescending. Its not punishment anymore.  There are those on the streets that are better off in prison since you get 3 squares a day, roof  over your head, a bed , TV, weight room, college education if you feel so inspired...hell an inmate in the U.S. probably lives a better life than any 3rd world nation family.  Criminals have nothing to lose, they have more to gain in prison. So why not take a risk? There is no consequence.

BINGO we have a winner!!
Thats it right there.

There is always going to be sick and deranged people in this world.
Nothing we can do bout that im afraid.
But I do feel better that they will be sending this arse clown to H ell very soon:aok

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
DC shooter sentenced
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2004, 01:48:27 PM »
But Ripsnort, Lazs is always telling me that US crime is falling. I'm confused now.
:confused:

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
DC shooter sentenced
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2004, 01:50:49 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
But Ripsnort, Lazs is always telling me that US crime is falling. I'm confused now.
:confused:

Per capita it very may well be, and stats show that per capita, those stats who have CCP laws for citizens it certainly is. Remember, we breed, create more, nurture less(working wives, skyrocketing divorce rate), and our prisons expand.

Bring back chain gangs. Watch the crime rate drop.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 01:52:56 PM by Ripsnort »

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
DC shooter sentenced
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2004, 02:15:59 PM »
Per capita it very may well be, and stats show that per capita, those stats who have CCP laws for citizens it certainly is. Remember, we breed, create more, nurture less(working wives, skyrocketing divorce rate), and our prisons expand.

Bring back chain gangs. Watch the crime rate drop.
Hmmph.. I guess a lot starts in the formative years - at home, in school. My brother (age 52) is a teacher, and had a terrible time at one of his schools in a depressed area. He once said that each year's intake of new pupils is worse than the last. Problems with arrogant pupils, some of whom won't keep quiet when he's trying to conduct a lesson. When asked what his solution to problems in his school would be, he answers "Bring back the cane".

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
DC shooter sentenced
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2004, 02:20:10 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
Hmmph.. I guess a lot starts in the formative years - at home, in school. My brother (age 52) is a teacher, and had a terrible time at one of his schools in a depressed area. He once said that each year's intake of new pupils is worse than the last. Problems with arrogant pupils, some of whom won't keep quiet when he's trying to conduct a lesson. When asked what his solution to problems in his school would be, he answers "Bring back the cane".

I'm a strong proponent of positive reinforcement, with lots of it, you can ward off negative punishment. But, one cannot exist without the other.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
DC shooter sentenced
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2004, 02:20:14 PM »
FWIW,

In Arizona a person convicted for homicide, murder, has been released. It was not a mistaken conviction, he freely admitted he killed the guy. While in prison he had completed all course work and has now passed the state bar exam. He is currently appealing his denial of license to practice law based on his previous behaviour / conviction. He says it is discriminatory to deny him a license to practice law because he is a murderer. It is going to the state supreme court. In the mean time he works for a prisoner advocacy organization and is trying to get more convicts released.

Glad I'm leaving the state soon.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
DC shooter sentenced
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2004, 02:35:58 PM »
So more money will be blown in his appeal and more appeals...why can't a sniper take him out?  WAIT...Oh MrB...where are you  :p

Offline DmdBT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.damned.org
DC shooter sentenced
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2004, 04:53:15 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
So more money will be blown in his appeal and more appeals...why can't a sniper take him out?  WAIT...Oh MrB...where are you  :p

Now thats an IN telligent way to get the thread locked!