Author Topic: Training Arena  (Read 462 times)

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Training Arena
« on: March 13, 2004, 09:27:01 AM »
My issue has been resolved.

In the future I would suggest posting more in depth rules that would prevent "assumptions" from happining in the future. Also maybe there needs to be more trainers when the roster reaches a certain number. Also specify A1 rules with the rest of the arena relating to different country hostilities.
Regards,

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Training Arena
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 11:07:10 AM »
From me to you,

I apologize for my actions the other day in the TA.
I was being proactive rather than reactive which made me act on my assumptions.
My reasoning... I saw an experienced person firing on a new cadet and did not check the roster to see if he was a squadmate.
When you warn people about shooting without asking and then they private message you saying I warned them but those two didn't get warnings, I try to apply the policy to all that were flying near A1.
Believe it or not I did not feel good about the incident and actually did loose sleep over it.
Again, my apologies and

I guess Skuzzy could close this one now also :)
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Training Arena
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 02:43:02 PM »
Well if PHawk was involved, something shady was going on.:D

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Training Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 12:20:10 PM »
I spent my time in hell :D as a trainer...actually it was a very rewarding experience...HOWEVER...I/we (all trainers) went through hell with regard to this issue in the TA. I probably was more of a lighting rod since I was (and am) a proponent of a FFA (free for all) base in the TA (this was prior to the DA).

While I understand how you feel P-6E you don't have a clue what fuze and the others are dealing with. Back in the old days we didnt have any authority outside of 6 x .50 (or such). half the time you had to shoot some noob off your junior birdman mid lesson:)...of course not all the noobs were noobs so if it was cit (now fester) or DMF (now leviathen)...(nash, av8tor, whole bunch of others) you were looking for your junior birdman to  bale you out:):)....truthfully those guys were all gentlemen who greatly enhanced the overall quality of the TA back then....

Anyway, Fuze you don't have to explain or apologize and there was no "issue" to settle...simply a misunderstanding on PE-hawks part (no slam intneded PE). It's a tough job to do and I'm glad there are pilots of your ability willing to keep it going <> to all who have been, are or might be in the future.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Training Arena
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 01:17:58 PM »
I was there, I think an apology was in order.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Training Arena
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 01:31:34 PM »
if you say so....

I'll butt out:)

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson