Author Topic: Back at last !  (Read 284 times)

Offline newguy

• Nickel Member
Back at last !
« on: August 28, 2000, 06:41:00 PM »
I am now back from my *cough* cross Canada trip (spent waaay to much money in Montreal    ) and I just wanted to say hello to all you guys. The game looks like it is comng along nicely; I'm really excited to try these new planes out. While I was away I managed to find a very good 1953 copy of 'The First and The Last' by Adolf Galland. Having just read bananas post, I'm a little hesitant to say this, but I found it to be a wonderful book   . I sure hope they put the Me262 in this game someday. Galland's enthusiasim for that plane was enough to make almost anyone want to fly that plane. Anyway, I hope you all had a great summer, and I look forward to seeing you all up in the sky when I get settled. You'll recognize me as the pilot trying desperately to chip the rust off his plane  

newguy
The Wrecking Crew

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
Back at last !
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2000, 11:36:00 AM »
Welcome back!

See you up there!

Mox

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Back at last !
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2000, 11:59:00 AM »
Newguy;

Welcome back!    

I just finished over a month on vacation myself.  I would trade all the sunburns, golf, fishing, skiing, drinking and morning sex just to be back at work.    

SNOT!!!

I am looking forward to re-establishing my simulated skills and reaffirming a place in our squad.

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Mino I love you man but that is a bunch of baloney."
Funked

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Back at last !
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2000, 12:47:00 PM »
Welcome back, newguy.  

Don't let my thread stop you from sharing your enjoyment of a book. I've read that book, too, and enjoyed it myself. The ME-262 in Warbirds was a gas to fly. It climbed like a pig, but once you got up to cruising alt, it was a lot of fun. I hope we get it here in AH someday, along with many other late war LW planes.

<S>