Author Topic: Cute story from yesterday  (Read 557 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Cute story from yesterday
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2004, 12:50:54 PM »
Whatever you do, Curval, do NOT post on this BBS that you've fix up your garage so the kids can use it as a recreation room. You've been warned.

(Nice story by the way)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2004, 01:07:12 PM »
lol Rip.  True enough...you've been bashed on that for quite some time now.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Whatever you do, Curval, do NOT post on this BBS that you've fix up your garage so the kids can use it as a recreation room. You've been warned.

This just in to our newsroom....

Bermuda Announces Moratorium On House Modifications

BERMUDA - The Ministry of Housing announced today that it was suspending the issuance of building permits for garage improvements, alarming several local homeowners.

When queried about the announcement, a spokesman for the Ministry explained, "we think things are fine just the way they are.  We don't need to de-value what little bit of land we have with some tacky multi-functional clap-trap.  People need to realize that there is a place for tradition in today's society, and tradition starts at home."

Some citizens weren't quite so appreciative of the situation.

"I don't understand why the Ministry would do such a thing," a dapper young man dressed in a blue blazer and pink shorts exclaimed, "it just doesn't make any sense.  I just bought this house and had plans to modify the garage into a motorcycle stable and romper room.  Now what am I going to do with all four of my bikes?  Hide them in a bush outdoors?"

In other news, trading in the local market climbed sharply upward, driven by the tripling of prices of cement lawn jockeys.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2004, 01:52:17 PM »
Hehe as I said, sorry... couldn't resist :)
Now this thread brings back memories... *waves at Dowding*...
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2004, 02:03:58 PM »
LOL...I'm wiping tears off my face and people are now looking at me funny in the office.

Well, it was all worth it just for that post and subsequent laugh Gofaster... and thanks.

Saintaw...no worries mate...I had a "feel sorry for myself" moment, but my perspective has been restored.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2004, 02:08:36 PM »
When you wave at Dowding is your wrist really floppy?