Author Topic: Deth to Amreeka!  (Read 575 times)

Offline Thud

• Nickel Member
Deth to Amreeka!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2004, 09:11:48 AM »
Originally posted by deSelys
Sorry Thud, but I don't think that your post will be very helpful to keep the debate civil.

I think that it is better to remind to our friends on the other side of the pond that:

- just because we don't support the war in Irak doesn't mean that we are pro-terrorists or pro-Saddam

- just because we disagree with today US foreign policy doesn't mean that we have no admiration for a country which accomplished so many great things, and that we have forgotten what it did for us in the past

- just because we consider the assassination of the Hamas leader as a very bad political move doesnt' mean that we have any sympathy for those killers

- just because we consider Bush as inept doesn't mean that we regard him as 'evil'

In a nutshell, I believe that we all think the same about who are the good guys and who are the bad guys in the world today. But we do think that the 'cowboy' (to say it mildly) approach of the US and Israel, for every baddie removed from the face of the Earth, produces 10 new motivated recruits...

All good points, these were posted many times though and most of our 'adversaries' know we feel that way and some might even agree a little bit at certain times.

One of the nicer characteristics of the board is that many serious and sincere discussions take place but there is alot of humor also. View my post from that angle and you'll realize that many similar jests were made by 'them' towards 'us'.
I respect many of the board members, that does not mean I have to take them much more seriously than I do myself.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Deth to Amreeka!
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2004, 09:17:34 AM »
Is this another political thread, or a thread about political threads, or a thread about other political threads with a political theme, or just a off topic thread not about politics at all?

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Deth to Amreeka!
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2004, 09:30:19 AM »
Well Udie, to be honest, I haven't done my homework on Kerry yet, I was hoping that John Edwards would've been the Democratic nominee.

As far as being a liberal, I feel that one can consider himself a liberal, and yet still retain a sense of logic and common sense about every issue.

I'm very liberal when it comes to supporting education and the arts, and saving the whales, etc.....

But when it comes to foreign policy, I'm a student of history, so in my opinion, all these people who think we can negotiate our way to a settlement with Al Quaeda, are fools.

That being said, I don't think the Bush administration has been very successful in gaining the support of the world at large in our attempt at snuffing out terrorism. We had the support of the world immediately after 9/11/2001, but that has changed since our invasion/liberation of Iraq.

To be fair to the Bush administration, I wouldn't wish this situation on my worst enemy. They may have dealt with it to the best of their ability, but IMO their best wasn't good enough. We need a new president who will be able to crush terrorists and terrorism on the one hand, while at the same time garner world support. Is Kerry the man for the job? I don't know, but I'm ready to give someone else other than George W. Bush a chance.

In one area I give the Bush administration an A+. That was the decision to go ahead and invade Iraq and overthrow Saddam against the wishes of the United Nations. Presently, the United Nations reminds me of the League of Nations in the 1930's. They have no stomach for war. But this country is at war with terrorism, and we can't fight it strictly with words and sanctions. I cringe every time I hear of another US Serviceman killed in Iraq, but at the same time, I realize that invading Iraq was a necessary evil.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 09:33:52 AM by Wanker »

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Deth to Amreeka!
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2004, 10:11:17 AM »
i always used it as a joke actually...

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
Deth to Amreeka!
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2004, 10:15:39 AM »
Originally posted by Creamo
Is this another political thread, or a thread about political threads, or a thread about other political threads with a political theme, or just a off topic thread not about politics at all?

A good question.

But the answer lay not around you...

but Inside you, in your inner being...

search the answer inside you soul,...

and when you will found it....

you'll know the answer....

but it will be WRONG !!!!

:D

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Deth to Amreeka!
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2004, 10:37:52 AM »
I was unsure, just didn't want to post in a political thread. It was a trick, I feel dirty.

Oh alright, let me try too, I seriously don't get the internet word spoof funkypants language thing where you change words so I'll just say, Clinton in a flight suit on a carrier would have been like Ronald McDonald driving a Nascar at the Daytona 500.

Discuss.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Deth to Amreeka!
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2004, 10:45:33 AM »
Originally posted by deSelys
Sorry Thud, but I don't think that your post will be very helpful to keep the debate civil.

I think that it is better to remind to our friends on the other side of the pond that:

- just because we don't support the war in Irak doesn't mean that we are pro-terrorists or pro-Saddam

- just because we disagree with today US foreign policy doesn't mean that we have no admiration for a country which accomplished so many great things, and that we have forgotten what it did for us in the past

- just because we consider the assassination of the Hamas leader as a very bad political move doesnt' mean that we have any sympathy for those killers

- just because we consider Bush as inept doesn't mean that we regard him as 'evil'

In a nutshell, I believe that we all think the same about who are the good guys and who are the bad guys in the world today. But we do think that the 'cowboy' (to say it mildly) approach of the US and Israel, for every baddie removed from the face of the Earth, produces 10 new motivated recruits...

March twenty sixth... two thousand and four... a date... which will live... in infamy.  In a sudden... unprovoked... and senseless attack... deSelys... wages war against the Imperious forces of the AHBBS... a sensible... and although I disagree with it... uninflamitory opinion has been voiced... this must not... be allowed to continue.

Even though youre completely wrong, I can respect your viewpoint - well said.  :D

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Deth to Amreeka!
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2004, 10:53:12 AM »
I think someone is greatly understating the ammount of rhetoric that has been spewed over the last 4 years.  "No war for oil", the made up russian reports from Iraq, completely unsubstantiated accusations and summations... yet predictable in whom would say what.

The rhetoric is still tiresome.  The lack of "deth to amreeka" posts may just be because people have found this forum a place where things aren't really discussed, this is a place where people come to spew rhetoric in hopes of pissing those they are targetting with it off... so they can laugh at them... completely ignorant to the stupidity of the scene.

MiniD

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Deth to Amreeka!
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2004, 01:06:58 PM »
DEATH TO NOKIA!

The fargen batteries always fail just when she's ready to scream "I'm c.....' Oh, nevermind.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Deth to Amreeka!
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2004, 01:45:18 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
I was unsure, just didn't want to post in a political thread. It was a trick, I feel dirty.

Oh alright, let me try too, I seriously don't get the internet word spoof funkypants language thing where you change words so I'll just say, Clinton in a flight suit on a carrier would have been like Ronald McDonald driving a Nascar at the Daytona 500.

Discuss.

OH COD!!!!!! Something creamo and I agree on. Gents and ladies te end is obviously just around the freaking corner!:eek:  :eek:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown