Author Topic: AH Classic, AH II, and AH Premium?  (Read 4579 times)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
AH Classic, AH II, and AH Premium?
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2004, 04:17:19 PM »
Sorry mars... you 13th guys all sound the same and use the same avatar.

The glorious notion that a furball is some kind of even fight is pretty damn funny.  It's a few people so bored they press the fight with 5 others combined with a group that won't engage anyone that isn't fixated on another target combined with the main group jumps any one con simultaneously that manages to deviate from the first two parts.

Furballing is every bit the "avoid the fight" scenario you see anywhere else.  It's just fun to pretend it's different.

MiniD

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2004, 04:29:22 PM »
LOL,

You are entitled to your opinion, you know they are like prettythangholes :D everyones got one.

I could care less if a furball is even, but I will take those that want to furball over those that want to pound the strat.  Because no matter what, the ones that come out to the furball are looking for a fight with another pilot rather than a toolshed.

I do agree that there are oportunists in both camps.

VWE

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2004, 04:36:22 PM »
You want some good fights? The areana your looking for already exists... its called the CT. Try it you may like it, I'm starting to fly much more of my online time in there.:aok

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2004, 04:39:10 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
You want some good fights? The areana your looking for already exists... its called the CT. Try it you may like it, I'm starting to fly much more of my online time in there.:aok

But NO!!  CT has a limited plane set,  we want to fly whatever we want,  when we want it,  and how we want !!

:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 06:31:35 PM by WldThing »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2004, 04:56:04 PM »
Well, MiniD, I'll take that as "No, I don't want to address your thesis Toad. I'd rather just ignore your main point and talk about furballs."

:lol
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 05:03:47 PM by Toad »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2004, 05:16:49 PM »
1 i dont have the money to pay 30$ a month

2 a new area for high bidders would flop no one would go there

3 you have a DA

4 this is just like WW2 dogfighting with the cherry picking and such

5 i like cherry picking people at 550mph in my me262
known as Arctic in the main

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2004, 05:33:08 PM »
Mr. Toad! Sure, F4U/P47 @3K... just as they were meant to be flown!
:):aok

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »
Well Beet, some folks find it exciting to drive London Taxis at extremely safe speeds on well maintained roads.

Then others see that Taxi as something to drive extremely fast in perilous conditions.

You have your fun, I'll have mine.

:p
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 07:04:18 PM by Toad »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2004, 06:14:48 PM »
No more commentary on the Tour 44 stats? Did your attempt to skew them turn out the way you wished?

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2004, 06:32:25 PM »
Originally posted by mars01

I don't mind the steam rollers, I hate the runners.  I can handle my own in a multiple on 1 engagement so I enjoy the challenge, plus if I end up on a woos runners tail there are always more cons close by.

I agree with Zip tho the guys that fly safe and don't engage are ruining this game for me as well and they wast too much time not engaging.

Mars01, you fly a Spitfire almost exclusively, your plane can outturn almost anything, especially in the hands of a capable pilot, but can outrun nothing. It's just common sense that anyone in a plane that cannot outturn you is going to want to keep you at arms length. Your plane is very slow, giving your opponent the disengage option at any point if he so chooses.

Try flying a speed plane for a few camps, you'll LOVE runners. Runners are easy kills if you too are in a fast plane. Ask Shane why he originally started flying the LA7....Runners to a speed plane are as easy meat as a Jug trying to turnfight your spitfire, it's all just a matter of the subjective perspective of the dichotomous styles.

Zazen
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 08:00:00 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2004, 08:31:35 PM »
Jaxxo you leave my sqaud members alone you hear?  I spent a lot of time and trouble to get 999 to land at a knight base with out some dweeborama killing him in the process so I could pick him up in an M3 full of cookies.  On the other hand If we form a bomber wing your more than welcome to join:D
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2004, 08:59:10 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Well, MiniD, I'll take that as "No, I don't want to address your thesis Toad. I'd rather just ignore your main point and talk about furballs."

Actually... you'd be just as wrong as you have been for the last year toad.

It boils down to "you have no main point if you feel furballs (which you have repeatedly claimed are the glorious absense of strat) are somehow different than any other type of fight in the way people behave.  Because they don't care about strat does not mean they don't care about getting shot down."

There is alot of timidity in the MA these days.  It reminds me of the CT.

You guys can pretend it's a result of the strat all you want if that's what makes the pill go down easier.  The simple truth is that 90% of the people playing AH are just looking for some kind of advantage.

MiniD

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2004, 09:09:14 PM »
Nice Dodge, Mini.

Now, to what do you attribute the prevalence "steamroller" play in the MA?

I said it was the reset/perk points goal.

What do you think it is?

Or will you fail to answer a simple question like that one more time?

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2004, 09:30:10 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Nice Dodge, Mini.

Now, to what do you attribute the prevalence "steamroller" play in the MA?
I answered it.  You just pretend I didn't:

"The simple truth is that 90% of the people playing AH are just looking for some kind of advantage."

Most find it in hords, they always have.  Remember how moving fields closer was supposed to solve this?  It didn't.  Now, the hords just vulch fields, or capture them.  Some pretend this is because of strats while ignoring the fact that this has all been made easier with the recent map addition.

The horde hits the furball.  The horde attacks bases.  The horde is where people can survive.  The hang there.

Of course, people also survive by hanging out high above fights and only engaging with an advantage.  They also survive by not playing into another plane's advantages.  They also survive by hanging out in their own ack.  But... that's not really what we're talking about here now is it?  Cause that would kick out a few of the main *****ers in this thread.

People are looking for an advantage.  They get that with numbers.  Whether it's in a furball or in a base attack... the guys that come in with numbers are going to win the fight.

MiniD

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2004, 12:10:11 AM »
Well Zazen,

I fly the spit lot, mostly because it's a good warm up and mostly because I look for the biggest red dar bar and head strait for it.  Other times im upping in the face of the horde so there is really little choice in the matter.

I also fly the LA7 alot when I get tired of the runners as well as the F4Us and 190s.  If you do the due dilligence you'll notice I fly alot of different planes.

I don't mind people extending and mixing it up.  It's the out and out runners not the arms lengthers.  I have killed many a spit in an LA7 and F4U not only staying at arms length but also turning with them.

I have also killed your runners, they are the most boring kill going.  Yeah its kinda neat the first two or three times...  Meet a coalt or higher boge in a F4U or 190, make a pass or two, get on his six, nme dives for deck and runs, I chase and close and kill him.  After the 3rd or fourth time I'm bored to tears.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 12:29:13 AM by mars01 »