Author Topic: Three day review  (Read 593 times)

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
Three day review
« on: April 04, 2004, 10:45:18 PM »
Best map so far Fester and I mean over all other maps as well. There are things I don't have any appreciation for, like the ability to ditch anywhere on a base and not give up a kill (don't know if that's actually new or not). I like the terrain tiles, the new barges, and the fleet camo. I wish we could keep this map up for a long time and give it a thorough workout. :D

:aok :aok :aok :aok +.5

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Three day review
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 09:21:44 AM »
Does it say landed or ditched?

HiTech

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Three day review
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 09:35:15 AM »
i think he means vehicles landing at vbases on the landing zone when damaged.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
Three day review
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 09:54:27 AM »
No, I mean if they are able to get to the airfield at all they can exit without awarding a kill. They don't have to be on the runway. I don't know if that is the way it used to be, or not, but something I noticed yesterday at least six times. So far, I've either landed all of mine, or died so far from base it didn't matter.

I can send you film.

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
Three day review
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 10:48:11 AM »
metatron i think its always been like this, i am used to getting shot up and trying to land again.useually dont make it but when i do it says ditched if not on runway and no kill is awarded
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Three day review
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 02:33:57 PM »
There are 2 posible out comes to not landing a plane on the runway.

1. Ditched
2. Captured.

The difference is simply is a freindly or enemy field the closest.

Ditching does not reward a kill, capture does.

HiTech

Offline VgasX

• Copper Member
Three day review
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 02:39:15 PM »
Great job on this map Fester my whole squad really enjoys it. I say scrap the rest lets play the best LOL:aok :eek:

Offline Monty405

• Copper Member
      • http://www3.sympatico.ca/carol.haynes/
Three day review
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 02:58:48 PM »
i like the golden gate type  (dunno what they are technically called) bridges. one is near at least one vbase that ive noticed.

can drive on them too.

Offline A_Clown

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Three day review
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2004, 05:57:06 PM »
If im not mistaken, a plane that has been hit, then lands in freindly terriroty, but not on a runway is a ditch. Ditches do not score as a death.
But if the plane ditches behind NME lines & has been hit by an NME, when mission is ended a kill is rewarded. If ditch behind NME lines & no hits taken = capture.

I Think that is the way all past maps have been set, & I havent noticed anything different on the newest map-

Just tryin to clarify the apparent confusion --

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Three day review
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2004, 10:40:19 AM »
Originally posted by Monty405
i like the golden gate type  (dunno what they are technically called) bridges. one is near at least one vbase that ive noticed.

can drive on them too.

I got a panzer hung up on the railing of a ramp while trying to go around it.  Ended up having to ditch, which was no big loss.  You've been warned!

Offline Spitter

• Copper Member
Three day review
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2004, 11:14:26 AM »
The new map is fun!  My only complaint is that the colors in the clipboard are much too light.  I already have friendly icons set to black, so that helps, but it can be really hard to read sometimes.  
Still, I love the islands.
Also, one other nebieish question.  Is there an easy way to tell friendly fleets from enemy fleets (other than getting shot at) visually?  I was wanting to try out a shore battery, but didn't want to hit a friendly.

Cheers,
Spitter

Offline HUN

• Copper Member
Three day review
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2004, 11:38:02 AM »
Originally posted by Spitter
Also, one other nebieish question.  Is there an easy way to tell friendly fleets from enemy fleets (other than getting shot at) visually?  I was wanting to try out a shore battery, but didn't want to hit a friendly.

Cheers,
Spitter

Use your clipboard 'radar' if you have any doubts about the fleets.  You will always see all the CV groups that your country possesses and their relative positions.