Author Topic: Who would have thought it!  (Read 459 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Who would have thought it!
« on: May 10, 2004, 10:32:29 AM »
…that after all the exchanges that have taken place on this board in the last two months, I’d end up winging with Slapshot and Mars01. :eek::D Hehe, it went really well! Welcome to Rooks, TAS. I hope you will stay.

On our first sortie, I was flying a 109G2. Just as I reached 10K, Slapshot typed a message along the lines of ”OK, that’s high enough!”. Sir, yes sir! I levelled off immediately. :lol

Saw Ecke toying with a 205. I got it, but not before it had nobbled Ecke. :( Sorry mate.

There was a guy called Tadpole in our midst. Does a Tadpole become a Toad??

I think this was A76. I made SlapShot my wingman so I could see where he was. That’s why he’s in girlie pink. (I’m going to change the colours so I can have Mars01 in maroon – lol) The cons had given up, so we were building battling! Slapshot seemed quite goot at it! ;) SmokinSS brought the goon. It had turned into a milkrun of an undefended base!

Then we all changed to Corsairs. We got some good results. Things started to go awry when having captured another base, I went after one of two LANC formations taking off from our next target field. I got the LANCs but Jackal1 got me in his 190.

I tried to take off again but – the FH at the base from which we took off were all down, the nearest CV was down, and the next nearest rook field had been 25% fuel porked. The next closest field to that was about to be horde-porked by the knits. See the screenshot taken just before mannable acks were porked. VH was down too. So I logged off.

Knit horde-pork in progress!

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 10:37:38 AM »
Toad has a son that used to fly AH under the name of Tadpole, whether it's the same guy?
NEXX

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 12:04:26 PM »
"The cons had given up, so we were building battling! Slapshot seemed quite goot at it!"

err ... good ... I hope so, after all the extensive training and memorable days spent with the MAW. None do it better than the MAW ... <> guys !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 12:31:14 PM »
Slapshot! I decided to spare your blushes with the building battling milkrun pic, but here it is! What a nice shade of pink... :cool:

Notice I have combat trim turned off -finally figured out how to program the rest of the joystick buttons etc. Tnx steve & jodgi.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 09:36:50 AM »
Hehehe,

LOL Beet.  Yeah it's nice to know there is always someone above me watching out and now you have some film of me turn fighting a hog.  One against a spit and one against a Nik.:D

Honestly it was fun winging with you Beet.  Almost as fun as trading jabs here on the BBs.:D

Two or three hogs working together are unbeatable.  

I hope so, after all the extensive training and memorable days spent with the MAW. None do it better than the MAW ... <> guys !!!
No doubt!  Second that one.