Author Topic: Setup for week starting 4/9/04  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Setup for week starting 4/9/04
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2004, 04:14:04 PM »
Hmmm.

I like the fact that a CT setup has the Mossie, but I must say that the Typhoon 1) has no place in the Pacific and 2) will absolutely overpower the Japanese in exactly the same way that the F4U does.

The requests for an "F4U vs the Japanese" setup have been long stymied by the lopsided nature of those setups.  This one here will be worse.

Replacing the Typhoon with the Hurricane Mk IIc would make the setup better I think.

Leave out the gobs of shared Allied equipment.  I agree with storch on that part.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline gear

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2004, 05:33:05 PM »
I have to agree with storch and Maggy on this one:D

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2004, 05:55:23 PM »
Reschke sounds like an interesting setup.  Go with the planeset you feel is right, but allow yourself to be open to tweaks in future runs if needed.  No need to bend to everyone's whim before the setup is even underway.  Play, discuss, listen and learn is all we can ask from a CT staffers.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2004, 07:01:15 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak

... but I must say that the Typhoon .... will absolutely overpower the Japanese in exactly the same way that the F4U does.

The requests for an "F4U vs the Japanese" setup have been long stymied by the lopsided nature of those setups.  This one here will be worse.

Poor example/comparison to use. Has been proven otherwise.

But sure, nix the Tiffie. (ShruG)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2004, 07:31:13 PM »
Guys the setup is in the bag. If there needs to be changes then I will do so but as it is the setup is there and will be "tweaked" as necessary and I don't go by stats as we all know. Now go fly and have fun.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2004, 07:44:55 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Arlo and Slash, you guys need to lighten it up a bit.  Either contribute to the discussion or keep out of it, but directed personal attacks will not be viewed in a positive manner.

Hmmmm.  Big Brother has opened a camera to the CT, I see.

Skuzzy, you would have to rewind a few months to see that the Arlo-Storch Hour is a more-or-less constant aspect of this forum.  We tolerate it, and we trust that you will, too.

- oldman

storch

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2004, 08:01:05 PM »
I'd have to agree with Arlo, the Tiffie is no particular threat in spite of it's great speed and armament.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2004, 08:18:49 PM »
Arlo and Slash, you guys need to lighten it up a bit. Either contribute to the discussion or keep out of it, but directed personal attacks will not be viewed in a positive manner.

Try looking through more than just this thread for what Arlo and I contribute vs the constant crap that spews from Storch. What I said here does not contibute a thing true, but compared to the General Discussion threads it seems rather tame. That being said I will respect your wishes and not respond to the person that had " HiTech, you can kiss my ass" in his sig line because you guys are conspiring against him with your "Allied bias". I mean no disrespect to you Skuzzy but you may want to look through some previous threads to get the whole picture. I'll shut up now.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 08:22:46 PM by Slash27 »

storch

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2004, 09:39:23 PM »
well slash if ignorance is bliss you might just be a carnival.  my response to HiTech was for an inappropriate response that bothered me.  I don't start these things but I do respond and escalate.  so i will ask both you and Arlo once again.  Please do not address me.  I could care less about your opinions on any subject and I have a strong dislike for you both, please let's leave it at that.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2004, 12:24:19 AM »
I said I wouldnt respond and I did, Im way too reactionary I guess. So to the ignore list with him till the heat blows over.:D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 09:23:51 AM by Slash27 »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2004, 03:56:37 AM »
To whom it may concern.

Heh.:D

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2004, 09:12:33 AM »
"I'd have to agree with Arlo, the Tiffie is no particular threat in spite of it's great speed and armament."

Ughh, ok, but dont say I told you so :)

Not quite sure I follow the logic, it has great speed and armamant, but is no great threat? seems an oxymoron. .

Actually its just im a stickler for the historic matchups, I suppose a Tiffe can be handled by a well flown N1K-2, but its clearly the better machine.

Its going to be a fun setup anyways.

"The requests for an "F4U vs the Japanese" setup have been long stymied by the lopsided nature of those setups. This one here will be worse."

Once again Karnak, that myth was put to bed just recently, as it was the othet times the F4U was included in the CT. Just saying. Look the stats up yourself for North Solomons CT week.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 09:18:38 AM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

storch

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2004, 09:29:40 AM »
Well Warloc, I think that if the Tiffies are spotted in a timely manner then the superior manueverability of the japanese aircraft will compensate and possibly even negate the tiffies advantages.  if the tiffie driver can be bled of his "E" then he is easily dealt with, inspite of clearly superior speed and armament.  The trick is to dodge the HO's.  Naturally this would all change greatly in the hands of some players like Bug and yourself.  you guys seem to make anything fly like the spitV.  Still the average player in a japanese plane vs the average player in the tiffie would be ok.  it would come down to who was slightly better than average and knew the capabilities and limitations of the respective craft.  Actually the Hurricane would concern me more than the Tiffie.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2004, 09:39:17 AM »
Originally posted by storch
Actually the Hurricane would concern me more than the Tiffie.

I agree with that, and would add the F4F. Mostly I've only seen the Tiffie used as a suicide plane trying to sink the unsinkable "Love Boat" S of A6.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2004, 10:08:38 AM »
Well its nice to see a post that at least talks about using the N1K-2 and not just giving up on it. But I just thought that with the Spit IX there already, that was enough for the IJN to fight.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24