Author Topic: new guy's view  (Read 287 times)

combat23

new guy's view
« on: December 29, 1999, 01:56:00 PM »
On line last nite for the first time ever in any sim. What a blast. Learned a couple of things:
1. Do not try to figure out the radio at low level with out the auto pilot!

2. I figured out on the second sortie that the Red icons were the "bad" guys... one was kind enough to introduce me to the wrong end of his fighter.

3. When taking to the chute, "enter key", it is nice to know that you must also remember the "O" key! One with out the other is not so good!

On about the 4th or 5th sortie (They were kinda short!!!) I actualy hit one of those doggon red icons!! Course the lesson here is not to watch him go in when there are other red guys around.....did remember the "o" key that time.

All in all a most enjoyable time. Guess I'll have to learn to fly and as some guy named Arnold once said....I'll be back.

eskimo

new guy's view
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 1999, 02:22:00 PM »
LOL combat23!
That takes me back.
eskimo

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
new guy's view
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 1999, 02:26:00 PM »
lol Combat23,

Welcome, if you have any questions while online, feel free to ask the many friendly folks out there. If you see me, Ill be happy to help.  

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
new guy's view
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 1999, 02:54:00 PM »
LOL, Takes me  back too...

I remember once hearing over channel 1 in another sim that typing ESC-P will give you "more power".  Wanting a plane with "more power", I hit ESC-P and found myself suddenly planeless.  (ESC-P is the eject command)  

Second mistake I made was announcing that I think I found a bug, since I was now at 25K and in a parachute.  Think that was one of the funniest things I ever must have said since everyone on the entire channel started typing LOL, ROFL and ROFLPIP    I never made that mistake again.

-Dingy

-towd_

new guy's view
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 1999, 06:44:00 PM »
they did it to me also was toaad then. man i was pissed for a week.

I KNOW YOUR PAIN LOL

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
new guy's view
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 1999, 07:15:00 PM »
Combat: you forgot to add there thing saying something about opening chute too high :P

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
new guy's view
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 1999, 07:31:00 PM »
Heya Combat.. SALUTE!

Welcome to the fold, sir! Yer in good company. Ask fer help any 'ol time. And watch yer six; fer crissakes!

Almost fergot.. don't drop the soap in the shower. You may have noticed all the sheep...  

Hang

Dingy.. that's the funniest damn thing I EVER heard.   That musta been a tuff crowd.!

------------------
PALE HORSES
"I looked, and behold; a Pale Horse, and it's riders name was Death, and Hell followed with him" Rev 6.8
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.